Resizable UI preview

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a quick preview of something I've been working on that'll be 'as standard' from the next update: resizable UIs. Larger and/or smaller interfaces is something we've regularly been asked for, and I'm pleased I finally found time and reason to implement proper resizing.

Interfaces can now be scaled to, at smallest, 256 pixels width (see bottom screen), and at largest, 4096 pixels width: more than enough to fill the largest of current displays.

Shift will be the first release updated to feature UI scaling; I'll endeavour to get a beta out within the next couple of days.

So in the meantime, enjoy a few sneak pics (click for full size)!

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Nice!

Will the plugins remember their sizes when reloaded (or is there a default size that can be pinned in the options... That might be handy?)

Looking forward to seeing this in action :)

It's great !
You can't always get what you waaaant...

taoyoyo wrote:Will the plugins remember their sizes when reloaded (or is there a default size that can be pinned in the options?)
We're on the same wavelength here: that is exactly how it works! UI size will be saved, per instance, in your host project, and you can also specify a default size for new instances.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Nice :D
[Insert Signature Here]

colin@loomer wrote:
taoyoyo wrote:Will the plugins remember their sizes when reloaded (or is there a default size that can be pinned in the options?)
We're on the same wavelength here: that is exactly how it works! UI size will be saved, per instance, in your host project, and you can also specify a default size for new instances.
:) I love it when a plan comes together.

Sorry: I'm a bit behind on releasing this because I'm waiting for a fix in a library that Shift uses. It's not a critical problem, but the UI rendering is slower than I'd like. If there is no sign of a library fix within the next few days, I'll make a decision as to whether it's best to: release a version with resizing and a slightly slower UI; or hold back on the resizable UI and release the Shift 2 update without it.

In either of these circumstances, I'd endeavour to get a fast resizing out as soon as is possible.

Thanks for your patience!

It's all good Colin.

I'd personally be happy with a slightly slower UI and resizing new version just to get a feel for how the resizing works/looks with the promise of a speedier version in the not-so-distant future.

Hope you're keeping well Sir?

Alan

Wow! :shock:
This is insane Colin! You da man! Loving the clean look of the GUI, which I assume Aspect 2 will inherit too. It's all in the detail, maker or breaker!
:D

Loving the clean look of the GUI, which I assume Aspect 2 will inherit too.
Absolutely: it's clean interfaces from here-on in!

Return to “Loomer”