!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@bungle Very interesting concept. Essentially have tracks that use samples instead of MIDI notes. I don't think I've ever seen that in any sequencer, only in trackers and yes - Fairlight. I've been contemplating it and I think it would be great to have that. That concept would bring something new [but old] to the table in DAW world. :tu:

I'm so glad to see some screenshots of !Epoch, finally. :tu: Looks nice.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:@bungle Very interesting concept. Essentially have tracks that use samples instead of MIDI notes.
Because I frequently work in Bidule, Ive always wanted someone to write a linear tape-style record/playback/loop plugin with simple inline pan/volume/pitch automation, and a proper display of the waveform just like a regular audio track, as a step up from what Bidule offers. Something a bit like Edison, but more performance oriented, and all the controls automatable/MIDI controllable. To my mind, something like that would play rather nicely inside !Epoch, if it existed.
(I had other ideas about a similar self-contained timeline plugin that could control the tape player, and do Live-style session->arrangement mapping, etc etc, but there ya go.)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

@whyterabbyt That sounds pretty similar if not the same as what @bungle had in mind, doesn't it? I absolutely agree that would be really nice to have. It's not like you can't do it with some sampler plugin plus some plugins on top of that, but this would be easier to work with and rather creative. I'm a "sampler-head" btw. Crazy about samplers. Hardware or otherwise. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Been a while for speculation
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Déjà vu....

Move along now, nothing to see here !
Duh

'fraid not: still coding hard, fixing usability issues.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

ECHO Echo echo...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Maybe this is a new marketing scheme
invent the idea of the most amazing product and dangle a carrot for years
In the meantime generating interest in the rest of your product line

I jest of course
;)

Sorry!

I can assure you I have been working hard on a handful of edge cases where various combinations of built-in sequencer options didn't quite hang together.

Also, I polished off the AU MIDI-only and AAX MIDI-only versions: I did intend to wait until post-beta to get these builds done, but testing various bits of code required them to be in place.

Controller mappings also got extended when I realise they weren't quite flexible enough (when compared to BitWig, for one). Controller sources - such as MIDI devices, the computer keyboard, eventually OSC and perhaps additional USB devices - now produce either numeric events, gate events, or trigger events. Depending on what the source is mapped too, you will get different per-mapping options, eg: mapping a controller to a slider allows you to trim or invert the range; mapping a computer keyboard to a mixer track mute button allows you to toggle or set the state on either press or release. Internal components can also be used as controller sources: you can create specific module that send controller events, or map anything to an automation curve just by right-clicking, map to curve.

It's a very flexible system. Unfortunately, also one with lots of code behind it; but hopefully code that I won't need to touch again!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the update :)

Ever heard of feature creep ?
Put it out and do regular updates, it will do you more good than harm, putting it out as you think is perfect in another couple of years and thinking "I wont have to touch that code again" then realising that you have created the perfect software for you, and now the rest of the world is sayings "thats wrong, thats wrong, thats wrong" while you dont want to do updates, will achieve a couple of things, kill your reputation if you dont listen and change it, and break your heart.

You either need to get this out for testing or delete these threads, it has become something of a joke now, for people who dont read this forum, you are another developer who disappeared ;)
Duh

At this point I just wish it was a complex step sequencer vst since thats whats missing imo. I guess most people will use it in another DAW anyway. I hope when mapping the steps i Ableton it will show the note names.

bungle wrote:Ever heard of feature creep ?
Put it out and do regular updates, it will do you more good than harm, putting it out as you think is perfect in another couple of years and thinking "I wont have to touch that code again" then realising that you have created the perfect software for you, and now the rest of the world is sayings "thats wrong, thats wrong, thats wrong" while you dont want to do updates, will achieve a couple of things, kill your reputation if you dont listen and change it, and break your heart.

You either need to get this out for testing or delete these threads, it has become something of a joke now, for people who dont read this forum, you are another developer who disappeared ;)

Bungle, whilst I agree with your suggestion for Colin to put out his product now and then introduce updates as necessary, the tone of your last sentence is completely undeserved.
Far from this thread being a joke (or indeed Colin a developer who has 'disappeared'), there are many interesting and insightful points made by him and others in this thread.

Yes, this product has (and continues to be) a long time in coming, but so what?
None of us except Colin have invested anything in it yet.

Until ''IEpoch'' appears on the market - and I expect it will be coming within the next few weeks - I have plenty of other software tools to engage my interest in music without fussing over developers and their unreleased products.
I expect you have too.
Last edited by dark water on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Loomer”