!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
bungle wrote:A MIDI generator only isn't very relevant in 2018 when your phone can do everything this was originally touted to do, which was my point..
This is the very first post describing it and what it was originally 'touted to do':
it's a modular sequencing environment. Think Thesys + Reaktor. At the most basic level, you have a massively powerful set of step sequencers, with all the nice features you'd expect (forward, reverse, pendulum playback modes; grooves; step repeat and skip, and a huge amount more). But you can also modulate each sequencer with every other sequencer; a pair of CV rows could be used to control the start and end loop markers of another sequencer, for example, or could slowly step through a numbers of keys and scales (which can be fully customised, fans of the Mela Sadvidhamargini scale will be pleased to hear).
But if that isn't enough, you can also dive in at a lower level and start creating your own sequencers, arpeggiators, generators, and processors.
Also note the Lua module and script editor: sometimes, connecting components together to form complex functional blocks is a little cumbersome: for these occasions, you can code your own module logic directly using the built-in Lua scripting environment.
So, could you just remind me which $10 iOS apps do all of what this was touted to do again?
So, could you remind me where i said any $10 IOS app did any of that ?
If your backside was as smart as you think it is, you would be more than a KVR irritation.
Last edited by bungle on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duh

mannymang wrote:They don't call it bungle for nuthin :clown:
The over powering wit of your comment has me all a fluster, so so damning.
Duh

Fell straight into the net
Amazon: why not use an alternative

bungle wrote:
So, could you just remind me which $10 iOS apps do all of what this was touted to do again?
So, could you remind me where i said any $10 IOS app did any of that ?
Well, I already quoted what I was referencing. Even my backside could work that out.
A MIDI generator only isn't very relevant in 2018 when your phone can do everything this was originally touted to do, which was my point..
So are you using the fact that I gave an estimated price for the apps as a pathetic excuse to avoid answering the core question completely?

(well, obviously.... because bungle)
If your backside was as smart as you think it is, you would be more than a KVR irritation.
Well, you are a KVR irritation, and my backside clearly is smarter than you, so I guess that's a given.

Now, back to the point;

1)Ive provided the original touted abilities of Architect
2) You claimed that the original touted abilities could be achieved 'on a phone' or 'with apps' (or whatever set of words prevents you from disingenuously wriggling out of answering the question)
3) So, so go on, tell us what it is (on a phone, or with apps, as per the basis of your assertion,) that meets all those touted abilities like you claimed.

It cant be that hard, unless you're too distracted thinking about my backside. Just list the specific tools that you claimed does all of the things that Architect was touted as doing, and prove yourself correct.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Whyterabbyt is like the Christopher Hitchens of KVR

You will get politely bitchslapped with common sense reasoning and fact

Colin will one be able to skin Architect alive situation?
I have this idea of using different skins on different songs and projecting it on a large screen, creating various types of imagery, connecting the sequencer to the visuals in a hypnotic way, like winamp visualizations...
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:Colin will one be able to skin Architect alive situation?
I'm pretty sure it's illegal to skin Architects alive in any situation or jurisdiction. Even if not, it's very poor taste! I'd much rather Colin keep out of jail so he can get this plugin released soon! :ud:

Lol! Great typo. That was rather quickly posted from my phone. You can see how my overall post lacks the formating I usually give things.

I meant to say skin it in a live situation.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Whyterabbyt is like the Christopher Hitchens of KVR

Nope, it is a know it all that knows nothing, attacks by trying to make itself superior to everything else in existence and comes across as a complete (choose your own word here, they all work)
Duh

bungle wrote: Nope, it is a know it all that knows nothing, attacks by trying to make itself superior to everything else in existence and comes across as a complete (choose your own word here, they all work)
Projection is a powerful drug.

Gamma-UT wrote:
bungle wrote: Nope, it is a know it all that knows nothing, attacks by trying to make itself superior to everything else in existence and comes across as a complete (choose your own word here, they all work)
Projection is a powerful drug.
Plain as day :lol:

bungle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Whyterabbyt is like the Christopher Hitchens of KVR

Nope, it is a know it all that knows nothing, attacks by trying to make itself superior to everything else in existence and comes across as a complete (choose your own word here, they all work)
Oh, look; Bungle still completely avoiding providing supporting his assertions, in favour of kindergarten ad hominem instead. How dismally predictable.

Still, at least it confirms that you were making it up, otherwise you'd have jumped at the chance to prove yourself right. You really are ridiculously over-invested in not wanting to admit when you're wrong, arent you?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Colin, any chance of some more Architect-goodies to get out of this endless spiral of clever, bored brains throwing sand-cakes at each other?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Sure, Tom. I'm away from the development machines this weekend, hence unable to grab stills, but I'll post some more bits come Monday.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Sure, Tom. I'm away from the development machines this weekend, hence unable to grab stills, but I'll post some more bits come Monday.
:tu:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Return to “Loomer”