!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soman wrote:Actually that looks like a whole daw or even more. No wonder it’s taking so long if you take into account that it’s only Colin programming this monster...
My thoughts exactly :o

So.. will there be someday a Loomer DAW?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Hi Colin

Help me out here with Daags ;)

Q: Are we going to have Euclidean sequencers, Turing machines, Sources of Uncertainty etc. out of the box or would we have to construct them ourselves?

Out of the box there will be various machines of generative uncertainty. They are all built from modules and available to open, study, deconstruct, piece together, and make your own.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks Colin. Looking forward to it.

Daags - you should have taken the bet when I offered it ;)

Some developers would release a 1.0 version of their software. It seems to me that you're waiting to release v4.0 instead. I'm sure it will be awesome. Eventually. ;)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

lnikj wrote:Thanks Colin. Looking forward to it.

Daags - you should have taken the bet when I offered it ;)
I didn't want to take your money mate! But upon reflection, I figured the £50 would be useful when this is released in November 2019

Bah: there's still plenty of time left to win and/or lose that bet, respectively.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Bah: there's still plenty of time left to win and/or lose that bet, respectively.

How's about you make a bet with me then ? If it's released in 2018, I buy it. If it's released later than 2018, you give me an NFR license.

Daags wrote:If it's released in 2018, I buy it. If it's released later than 2018, you give me an NFR license.
Isn't that illegal, like 'being punished twice for the same crime' ?

:lol:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

How's about you make a bet with me then ? If it's released in 2018, I buy it. If it's released later than 2018, you give me an NFR license.
Well, I don't really want to encourage this type of behaviour, but I can make a one-off exception here. Consider this a shake of the hand, Daags!

colin@loomer wrote:
Well, I don't really want to encourage this type of behaviour, but I can make a one-off exception here. Consider this a shake of the hand, Daags!
Excellent

I remember reading about this when it was first announced, and I'm still really interested!

Currently, I'm using Pure Data for this kind of thing, but it seems like this might be a more intermediate solution to quick "what would happen if?" sequencing ideas.

I'm really looking forward to it! Keep up the great work!

So any audio/video screenshots ?
It has alread been 4 months since I've first asked :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'm redoing some UI controls to make dialogs consistent throughout- they've been a hodgepodge of a few mildly different styles that look decent in separation, but don't quite sit well together. I'm then away from the office for a few days. But tail end of next week, or early the one after - hopefully - I'll think the UI will be in a position where there's no odd looking UI elements that would need cropping out, and so I'll either see if I can capture something decent myself, or at least find someone else who can do it justice.

I must admit, doing UI stuff is a walk in the park after spending the past few weeks nailing a few issues with the deep lock-free internal code. I've been using it on the Raspberry PI, whose ARM processor with relaxed memory model make apparent many obscure threading bugs that would probably go unnoticed on x86/x64.

You know what this reminds me of?

The way software used to be made in long bygone times. Efficient and smart. It's so well thought out, put together and tested, that it won't even need bug fixing. :)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Loomer”