Occasional error with ExpansionPack Tremelo Mandolin

Official support for: amguk.co.uk and samples4.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some users (due to a weird OS quirk) discover they are missing one Tremelo Mandolin sample - MandT 77.aif - that means they get an error message whilst trying to load that instrument. If this is the case with you please e-mail me using matt@amguk.co.uk and I'll be happy to send you this sample. Once you have it just search for 'MandT' and find the location of files with different numbers that number 77 needs to join. Once added your instrument will load perfectly.

Cheers - Matt

I think I have a more advanced problem with doing just that because Snow Leopard's (MacOS X 10.6) Spotlight feature has been virtually "toned down" in its searching power compared to previous versions like Tiger (10.4).

The only search result that appears is one found in what the AMG installation disc already supplies (/volumes/ExpansionPack for GarageBand/Additional Resources).

So for my situation, I actually need someone to supply me with a COMPLETE path [by hand] to put the "MandT 77.aif" in its proper place among all the other AMG instruments.

Hmmm. You may think the search function has been 'toned down' (I actually think it's a bit flakey but it certainly is trying to search properly!) but what you say suggested either you have not run the installer at all yet (unlikely) or you are searching for 'MandT 77' rather than JUST 'MandT'. The point is this file is missing. You have to find the other MandT ?? files and put this one in the same folder. The installer fails to copy it on odd, random occasions. Re-search properly and I'm 99.9% certain you'll figure it out. If not your Mac has much bigger issues.

I don't want to guess at the exact path as it won't be right as it's system-specific and will cause more confusion. The search route is the solution and does work. I'm pretty sure you're trying to search for the exact file rather than just similar ones. Once you do that you'll be fine.

Happy New Year too btw!

Cheers - Matt 8)

Matt@AMG wrote:Hmmm. You may think the search function has been 'toned down' (I actually think it's a bit flakey but it certainly is trying to search properly!) but what you say suggested either you have not run the installer at all yet (unlikely) or you are searching for 'MandT 77' rather than JUST 'MandT'. The point is this file is missing. You have to find the other MandT ?? files and put this one in the same folder. The installer fails to copy it on odd, random occasions. Re-search properly and I'm 99.9% certain you'll figure it out. If not your Mac has much bigger issues.

I don't want to guess at the exact path as it won't be right as it's system-specific and will cause more confusion. The search route is the solution and does work. I'm pretty sure you're trying to search for the exact file rather than just similar ones. Once you do that you'll be fine.

Happy New Year too btw!

Cheers - Matt 8)
Thank you and Happy [belated] New Year to you as well! I've sent you a couple of PMs to demonstrate the search difference/power between Tiger and Snow Leopard, and as you requested just simply entering "MandT" into the query.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Apple acknowledges the significance of the change they've made to Spotlight and hopefully will fix it and make it boat-loads better!

When you compare, I think you'll see my Mac is fine, but Snow Leopard is not.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat Finder can't find any MandT files(apart from MandT 77, which is waiting patiently to be installed somewhere!) all sound folders appear to be empty I can find Apple loops but not any of the voices(garage band working fine apart from missing mandolin).
Where do I need to put MandT 77?
Also recently upgraded to snow leopard.

~(...HD)/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/Sampler/Sampler Files/AMG Mandolin/Mandolin Tremolo

This path should get you to where the MandT77.aif file needs to go (hopefully!).

Spotlight is very random, it's amazing it's so flakey.

Return to “AMG”