ONE - Latest Versions

Official support for: amguk.co.uk and samples4.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ONE, Metropolis and Infinite Groove are all now shipping in version 1.04.

If you need to update please mail me your name, license number and which version you need.

Current versions are Audio Unit, VST and Standalone - AU and Standalone are now both Universal versions for Mac but VST isn't yet. RTAS versions are mooted but not currently available.

More news as it happens...
Last edited by Matt@AMG on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Matt, I recently dl'd the latest version of ONE, and installed it on a fresh Windows install. It doesn't recognize the last "key" I got.

Do I have to install the previous version first, and then upgrade to the latest.

Please advise.

~S~

No. The 'key' is tied to the computer - assuming the rest of the install is right (correct files in right place) then your machine ID has changed, ONE thinks it's effectively a new computer and you need a new license file. Of course you can look at the machine ID but you won't remember what your old machine ID was of course. We are now sending out license files with the info at the end of them though so if it was recently you may have that info in the mail you got back with the license file FYI. However the best thing to do is just apply for a new license file. WE check each of these manually and make sure the machine ID has changed before taking away a 'life' - so just apply for a new one and we'll see if it changed - unless you don't want to use a life, maybe you've just bought a new computer and this one isn't important now? Only you will know that sort of thing but conserve your lives as much as possible.

Cheers - Matt 8)

Matt@AMG wrote:No. The 'key' is tied to the computer - assuming the rest of the install is right (correct files in right place) then your machine ID has changed, ONE thinks it's effectively a new computer and you need a new license file. Of course you can look at the machine ID but you won't remember what your old machine ID was of course. We are now sending out license files with the info at the end of them though so if it was recently you may have that info in the mail you got back with the license file FYI. However the best thing to do is just apply for a new license file. WE check each of these manually and make sure the machine ID has changed before taking away a 'life' - so just apply for a new one and we'll see if it changed - unless you don't want to use a life, maybe you've just bought a new computer and this one isn't important now? Only you will know that sort of thing but conserve your lives as much as possible.

Cheers - Matt 8)
Thanks for the quick response :)

It is a new machine. Not on line either. I'll look at the manual again, for the procedure.

"Lives"??? How many "lives" do I have left???

(you're scarin' me man.)

It's no big deal assuming you have a computer that is on the net! ;-) Just don't try and type the machine ID, you WILL make a mistake. ;-) Just use the clipboard feature to transfer the machine ID using a memory stick, iPod or whatever, then use an other computer and paste it where necessary.

You only have one life of course. ;-) But with ONE you have more, potentially unlimited but they are tied to time. We won't give you too many too quickly but if your computer dies ONE will have a new life on your new one. IOW 10 lives over 10 years no problemo, but not 10 in 10 months for example. ;-)

Cheers - Matt

Matt@AMG wrote: 10 lives over 10 years no problemo, but not 10 in 10 months for example. ;-)

Cheers - Matt
wow remind me NEVER to buy an amg product. I should be allowed to upgrade my machine every moneth if i want to. Not let one plugin dictate that.
I remember when i bought some of your sample cd's from eastwest the huge fight i had with them after seeing the ridiculous hoops to get the "right" to use the "royalty free" samples i had just purchases... i shredded the cd's and swore i never would buy an amg product again.

I see 6 years later nothing's changed :roll:

all jokes aside i was looking at your website with much intereste recently some really cool looking products, but this is a total turn off.

just using my mac would be two "lives" there cause i have bottcamp and osx installed (for example).

You should really maybe think of a dongle OPTION for those whose lives are made hell by the mercy or lack thereof of the companies in control of challenge/response.

ttoz wrote:... i shredded the cd's and swore i never would buy an amg product again.
As much as I hate "challenge/response", Matt (essentially "AMG") has been great to deal with since I bought the very first version of ONE > "SOLO" as soon as it came out, before the big ONE was finished, and BOTH are EXCELLENT pieces of kit!!!

Having seen enough of your 'posts', one can easily conclude that your loss is definitely his gain.

~S~

Shabdahbriah wrote:
ttoz wrote:... i shredded the cd's and swore i never would buy an amg product again.
As much as I hate "challenge/response", Matt (essentially "AMG") has been great to deal with since I bought the very first version of ONE > "SOLO" as soon as it came out, before the big ONE was finished, and BOTH are EXCELLENT pieces of kit!!!

Having seen enough of your 'posts', one can easily conclude that it's HIS loss not having you as a customer.

~S~
Thanks...

there was this huge topic in the instruments forum a while back about how a legitimate user went through hell to try and get his amg software reauthorized.

I was hoping things had changed since then. Matt has made it clear. I have changed my mac 4 times in exactly one year and this would probably be too much for them, considering i would want to have 2 auths, one for BC and one for OSX (SAME machine), that's 8 in 12 months.

I will not allow mag to dictate if i can authorize my software or what's considered too many machine changes for them. crikey, i should be allowed to swap my hard drive and computer every week if i so choose. I don't like these limitations, and it wasn't a personal thing against Matt, butMY overall experience with AMG.

why can't they fix it? why don't they do something like adobe does? Adobe give you two auths. if you are going to change your drive or machine, you hit one button beforehand and the license gets deactivated and sent back into cyberspace to the adobe server, and the software no longer functions, but your license is freed again.

And what about if you really DID have a shitty run of luck and had 4 hard drives die in 2 months? it's POSSIBLE.

why do FANBOYS come on here to defend draconian copy protection instead of realizing that the developer themselves can easily do something to aid their PAYING customers?? Insetad of spending time dealing with re auth requests they could implement one of the solutions of i have mentioned and make it easier on EVERYONE.

Sticking to the facts rather than speculation or imagined scenarios...

1. Developers have to make choices based on the real world in many respects - consumers have to do the same. No one can/should seek to force developers to do what suits them alone or consumers to buy products that don't suit them. Both parties weigh the options and try and make the best choices.

2. Our system has been around for years and actually works very well in practice. We treat every case on it's merits. You refer to one instance of one person who said and did things purely for his own ends rather than based on the facts. Options were given, advice not taken and then misrepresentations made. The fact is that that user had used/wasted many lives he was explicitly told would be no use and insisted on taking and has had at least two more lives since then despite apparently thinking the product was awful during this stage although previously had loved it and presumably does since...? Talk is very cheap, draw your own conclusions.

I just think people (on both sides) say and do self-serving things rather than being honest and up front about it. We have given out 4 lives in a week to a user whose new computer got destroyed in a lightning storm, etc. and I don't think he's needed another for maybe a couple of years since. We made the right judgement. We know our policies don't hurt honest users because we've lived it for many years now. If we have to lose a few people then sobeit, maybe our loss, we have to live with that. If we used dongles and they got lost we'd probably have bigger complaints about not replacing them as people who use dongles do. We all have to deal with the reality of CP unfortunately, we have an old-fashioned system of looking at every case on it's merits rather than having any hard and fast rules - personally I think this is the best if not easiest option. But we all have choices.

I imagine your previous issue was with signing a written commercial license? Most people don't need it of course, if you do then IMHO it's a benefit these days. MUCH better than using samples on your professional production that the developer claims are copyright cleared/free, etc. (they don't even know the meaning of what they're saying) but it's you that has to deal with any issues you may have. With us (on applicable products only) it's one license agreement ever and you're covered. Simple. If you prefer to use a product that's declared to be 'cleared' (by who/what no one knows?) and that's best for you then you have the choice.

8 in 12 months would be too many. But we've thousands of users over many years now and no one has ever even asked for anything like this. So in reality it's a non-issue. IMHO anyone wanting this is looking to kit out all his friends and rip off the developer rather than just be able to use the software they've bought. Having actually done it I know this to be the case - maybe our system puts people off even trying? If so that's another benefit for everyone. For the record my actual experience since doing software is that users are very honest compared to what you might otherwise expect. Something I've been delighted to find.

All I know for absolute certain is 99% of Kick-Ass Brass! owners are VERY happy with the total package we offered them. Whatever else went into that equation that was the desired result for all and has proved to be the outcome.

I love some products and services and rave about and use them. I really don't see the need to go on a crusade against the companies that don't offer products the way I'd prefer them to be. That's one thing I can't get my head round - do KFC get complaints from people because they don't offer hamburgers? ;-)

Cheers - Matt 8)

which other file formats does AMG One Support other than REX ACID/WAV and it's native program and multi format?
Dextrus

ambrosea wrote:which other file formats does AMG One Support other than REX ACID/WAV and it's native program and multi format?

ONE and SOLO are about to appear (maybe a month or two) in slightly new incarnations updating format support. The biggest single change will be the addition of Apple Loop support including their tags. I hope to be able to confirm specs and release dates before too long, I have working betas that seem pretty good as they stand....

Cheers - Matt 8)

Will you be notifying current 'ONE' users about product updates via e-mail?

Aloysius wrote:Will you be notifying current 'ONE' users about product updates via e-mail?

No. Only those that actually decided to opt-in to our mailing list. We'll announce it here and on all relevant websites asap. We should be asking for beta testers any day now, it should be a pretty final version though I hope...

Cheers - Matt 8)

Matt@AMG wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Will you be notifying current 'ONE' users about product updates via e-mail?

No. Only those that actually decided to opt-in to our mailing list. We'll announce it here and on all relevant websites asap. We should be asking for beta testers any day now, it should be a pretty final version though I hope...

Cheers - Matt 8)

ONE is now BEAT PRODUCER which starts with V2.0 that has just been released. Not sure if I can un-stick this posting now, I'll try that next...

Return to “AMG”