Support Request: copying loops between slots

Official support for: amguk.co.uk and samples4.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been eager to try the BP demo and finally had the opportunity today.

Apart from the fact that I am a bit sad that the interface is still not scalable (when will that be coming? Has any of you guys tried to use it on a 27" iMac with 2560 resolution without magnifiers? ;) ), it's a fine and affordable piece of software to quickly fire up 8 variations of a loop and toy around with them.

But since I am the kind of dude who mostly wants variations of the same loop instead of 8 different ones... I am stunned by the fact that it is either not possible to copy loops between slots or I have been too dumb to figure it out. I hoped to see the option when right-clicking on the loop's name, but all I find there are things like "Load/Save/Delete Patch".

Please tell me there is a copy function, and I have just been unable to find it... f it's in there somewhere, BP is an instant buy for me (and I'll tip if a scalable interface comes ;) ).

Thanks!
Kenny

Glad you've downloaded the demo and had a play around with it. In answer to your points...

Never had anyone ask about a scalable interface before. I know using screen real estate is always nice but never really had people ask before. We'll look into it but no promises...

As for copying - there's really no need to copy as you can simply and very quickly load the same loop into any of the 8 racks. Again, as you mention it, it could be a nice feature but to do this you'd either load the loop many times and make edits or load, edit, save edited version and then load that if you wanted to add to your previous edits on the next track and so on. There are actually so many options that it really comes down to what you're trying to do. You could save the groove/MIDI data only and load up additional racks with this and 'explode' each part to extra tracks if you wanted to apply specific controls to just the snare say. You'd just copy over the hits you want and put them back into the groove. You have a 'work track' on each rack too of course if they can be sharing the more 'global' rack parameters. There are lots of options... You can obviously copy the hits completely freely - so I think you'd probably work that way or save and re-load loops if you really want to replicate one you've edited a lot or something. Hope that makes sense, ask again if not.

Cheers - Matt

Return to “AMG”