0.7.5 white screen bug

Official support for: ariescode.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, not sure if this has been documented, but I get it pretty often when I try out the demo. Sometimes ariesverb vst on a Mac makes the whole entire window go white in ableton live. You can no longer see anything so you have to close the program and re-open. I'm on snow leopard, ableton Iive 8. It's. Happened sometimes when i switched the view.

Hi Echoes,
you've got a PM about this.

I get a blank GUI(white screne) all the time in Cubase 5.5 under win xp (x86) pentium 4 2.8 ghz. This Pc is not my DAW it's my net Pc where i try stuff.

On the other hand it works in Vienna Ensemble Pro and Chainer Demo.

I think I'll try the demo in my DAW Cubase 5.1 and see what happens before i update to 5.5.

I'm blown away by the cpu usage and the reverb itself. Right now I'm thinking this is the ITB reverb I've been waiting for, thank God! Well thank you. :wink:

Are you aware of this problem with the 0.7.5 demo with Cubase?
What ever!

Hi D.Wako,
from the 4 bugs reported so far against cubase as a host, no bug was about a white screen. But I'll happily take new reports. How is it going, did Ariesverb work on your DAW PC then?
Thanks

Christian Schüler wrote:Hi D.Wako,
from the 4 bugs reported so far against cubase as a host, no bug was about a white screen. But I'll happily take new reports. How is it going, did Ariesverb work on your DAW PC then?
Thanks
Hi Christian,

Just tried it and it works with Cubase 5.1.1. Then i updated to Cubase 5.5.0 and it still works. :)

I wonder if the reason it doesn't work on my net Pc is because i already had ariesverb_0_4a installed(in a different folder) so maybe that screwed thins up?.. I don't know. And i don't really care since it works in my daw. My net Pc is a Dell pentium 4 2.8 ghz so maybe it's too old... Or maybe extra software like rocketdock has to do something with it?.. Who knows...

You know something i would love to see in Ariestverb is a stage positioner. I wonder how hard it would be to implement since ariesverb can already simulate that it seems? Am i right? I don't know maybe I'm wrong but it seems like this is the future as we see more software doing this like Flux and VSL with MIR. Did anyones else made that request? Is there such a plan? Don't take this as a critic i think it's great the way it is. Well if you don't i sure would love to see more presets with different position on a stage. Or a how to tutorial so i can make my own.

Thanks
What ever!

Hi D.Wako,

stage positioning is planned to be implemented as interpolation between presets.
If you have the demo and look into the Natural Environments folder, for example, you can see emulations of different microphone positions for most of the rooms. Interpolating between these would allow for continuous stage positioning. Given the low CPU usage of Ariesverb, it would be possible to run many instances in a project, possibly a different stage position on each track.

Cheers

Return to “AriesCode”