: ValhallaFreqEcho 64 bit?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was Freq Echo ever updated to 64bit? Just downloaded to try it out and it's not showing up in Logic 64bit (latest.)

+1

I'd love to see 64 Bit, and the new GUI looks awesome!

I vote for a 64 bit release in the year 2013.

+1 for 64bit (mac) as ableton live has no bridge at all :D

+1 would love to see a 64 bit FreqEcho.
Doctor kindly tell your wife that
I'm alive, flowers thrive
Realize, realize, realize

valhallasound wrote:Here's the redesigned GUI, using Futura:

I've already changed the knob behavior so that it defaults to up/down, and have optimized the DSP a bit. I might tweak the graphics a bit more tonight. After that, I'll port to the various plugin formats: 32/64 bit AU, 32/64 bit VST, RTAS. This shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Sean Costello
This was back in July 2012 :(

EvilDragon wrote:
valhallasound wrote:Here's the redesigned GUI, using Futura:

I've already changed the knob behavior so that it defaults to up/down, and have optimized the DSP a bit. I might tweak the graphics a bit more tonight. After that, I'll port to the various plugin formats: 32/64 bit AU, 32/64 bit VST, RTAS. This shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Sean Costello
This was back in July 2012 :(
Yep, I've been busy. I was using FreqEcho to figure out some changes to how I warp parameters, but I switched over to VintageVerb as the project to test things out with, and VintageVerb took f***ing FOREVER to get out the door. The 1.0.0 Vee3 release was in December, and the 1.0.1 update (with some necessary bug fixes) was, like, last week or something.

Right now, FreqEcho isn't able to successfully compile, as it is the test bed for my AAX stuff. I'm updating the code so it is compatible with the latest Juce code revision (my other plugins work with Juce 1.53/1.54), which entails some changes that I haven't figured out yet.

EDIT: FreqEcho compiles if I switch to the older Juce code base.

Sean Costello

Any update on the 64-bit port? :x :help: :cry:

marcoskohler wrote:Any update on the 64-bit port? :x :help: :cry:
Yes. It compiles for AAX. Right now, I have to finish up the other AAX 64-bit ports and release them, as I have to prioritize the commercial plugins. After that, I'll look at FreqEcho again.

Sean Costello

Hate to be a bug, but any chance of a 64-bit release of this anytime soon?

Thanks... I'm still waiting on the Windows x64 build, hopefully it will come out soon enough...

I am currently using the old 32 bit version of this plugin and I find that it works well on a stereo buss track (better than on a mono insert).
I don't know what functionality changes there will be, so I'm fine waiting, but I would really like a 64bit version of this fine product in the near future.
So Sean, you have been nagged/bugged again :)

Does the stereo mode have 2 separate delays that are slightly out of sync, or is it just to be used on a stereo bus?

Chandlerhimself wrote:Does the stereo mode have 2 separate delays that are slightly out of sync, or is it just to be used on a stereo bus?
1 delay. The stereo outputs are generated by the upshift and downshift outputs of the frequency shifter.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”