ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Sean! I can't wait!!!

G

valhallasound wrote: As always, the new versions of ValhallaFreqEcho will be free as in beer. Not sure where one gets this free beer that people talk about.
If you're ever in the Sacramento area, let me know and I will gladly return the favor with lots of free beer. Good stuff, too. :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

lolz, I was all worried I'd been missing out all this time :lol:

Will be happy to check it out once it goes x64 sir :)

cryophonik wrote:
valhallasound wrote: As always, the new versions of ValhallaFreqEcho will be free as in beer. Not sure where one gets this free beer that people talk about.
If you're ever in the Sacramento area, let me know and I will gladly return the favor with lots of free beer. Good stuff, too. :tu:
Yeah, us sac guys probably invented free beer :hihi:

cryophonik wrote:
Thanks!

I haven't had any Sacramento beers, as far as I know. The closest I have had is from the Anderson Valley Brewery, which isn't very close at all.

Sean Costello

hibidy wrote:lolz, I was all worried I'd been missing out all this time :lol:

Will be happy to check it out once it goes x64 sir :)
I'll post the beta links in this thread. I figure that not many people scroll all the way down to the V's on KVR, so it will probably be a smaller testing group. :lol:

Sean Costello

I'll give this thread a friendly nudge because I'm curious if you've made some progress on the 64 bit FreqEcho. Or are you getting up to speed on your new project? Thanks! :)

BDeep wrote:I'll give this thread a friendly nudge because I'm curious if you've made some progress on the 64 bit FreqEcho. Or are you getting up to speed on your new project? Thanks! :)
Sean a few hours ago on Twitter: "I'm finally back home, after two weeks on the road. Trying to clear the fog from my head & remember what plugin I was working on. FreqEcho?" :)

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
BDeep wrote:I'll give this thread a friendly nudge because I'm curious if you've made some progress on the 64 bit FreqEcho. Or are you getting up to speed on your new project? Thanks! :)
Sean a few hours ago on Twitter: "I'm finally back home, after two weeks on the road. Trying to clear the fog from my head & remember what plugin I was working on. FreqEcho?" :)

Cheers
Dennis
Ouch, I know I should start using twitter. Reall, I should.
Thanks Bronto Scorpio.
@Sean, hope you had a good trip, and for FreqEcho, we'll see it when it gets there :)

Bronto Scorpio wrote:

Cheers
Dennis
I wondered why it's been quiet from him lately. Good deal taking a vacation!

hibidy wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:

Cheers
Dennis
I wondered why it's been quiet from him lately. Good deal taking a vacation!
Yep, 2 weeks on the road. I'm finally back home. Spent about 1/2 the time camping, and 1/2 in hotels. Attended a CCRMA workshop on using ARM processors (BeagleBoard) for programmable stompboxes. My verdict: Not ready for prime time yet.

I'm currently holed up in a library, working on some pesky bugs in the new AU parameter code for FreqEcho.

Sean Costello

When you say not ready for primetime, you mean the stompboxes or the programming of stompboxes? (or both?? )

hibidy wrote:When you say not ready for primetime, you mean the stompboxes or the programming of stompboxes? (or both?? )
I mean the ARM processor used by the BeagleBoard, and how it relates to running my algorithms. I need to do further investigation, but I found myself quickly running out of realtime (i.e. stutters), before I got anywhere near the complexity of something like ValhallaRoom. I could run a stripped down ValhallaShimmer-esque algorithm, similar to the MediumStereo mode in that plugin, but I couldn't run the full BigStereo algorithm from Shimmer. And Shimmer is a pretty efficient plugin.

It is worth noting that I was running my experiments in Pure Data. It is possible that the ARM implementation of Pure Data I was using wasn't particularly efficient. The same algorithms, running in Pure Data on my MacBook Pro, had a CPU use that was fairly close to the CPU consumption of the plugins, so I don't think that the issue was related to any general inefficiencies in Pure Data.

Sean Costello

any progress in making this 64 bit!?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:any progress in making this 64 bit!?
I stalled out on some AU parameter issues. I need to migrate the project to Juce 2.x, which will take some time. I am deep into the development cycle on the next commercial plugin, and I need to do some work on the other commercial plugins (see the VRoom aliasing thread in this forum), so the free plugin will have to wait for the moment.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”