ValhallaFreqEcho MkI Released!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all:

I just released the updated ValhallaFreqEcho, MkI:

ValhallaFreqEcho is a frequency shifter, combined with an analog-style delay that can be tempo synced. The sonic results encompass barberpole flanging and phasing, dub echos that constantly rise or fall in pitch, the classic detuning of frequency shifting, and a variety of psychedelic, evolving self-oscillation patterns that will spin around and through your skull.

Features:

- Bode-style frequency shifting
- Analog style delay, with delay time set via knob or synced to tempo
- Low Cut and High Cut filters for shaping delayed sound
- Feedback control (can produce self oscillation even with no input)
- Mono/Stereo input, stereo output
- Windows and OSX
- VST, AU, RTAS

Get your free download at

http://www.valhalladsp.com/freqecho.html

Thanks,

Sean Costello

Cool. Liked the last version alot! Thanx.
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Thanks so much, really diggin' this, GUI works properly in Logic 9.1.1!

my favorite plugin,

thanks!

hey,

thanks for the gui and the delay sync.

one thing i noticed in ableton live:

rotary mode: when i choose a specific mode for a knob, like "use up-down dragging" and then close the plugin window, rotary mode of that knob turns back to default "use circular dragging" after i view the plugin again.

however, rotary mode is a nice touch and the gui looks neat.

thanks again..

Hi Sean.
valhallasound wrote:I just released the updated ValhallaFreqEcho, MkI:
Plugin sounds great, thanks for releasing it.

With respect to the knobs I don't like the "circular dragging" rotary mode because it's too easy to make a gross adjustment just by clicking a knob. It would be great if it would remember that I set the knobs to "up/down dragging".

Regards,

Matt.

This is one of my favorite plug-ins, great to see it getting updated. I actually prefer the clean and simple slider based interface of the previous version, but that's just me.

Thanks so much for sharing your work so generously with us!

sandbags wrote: With respect to the knobs I don't like the "circular dragging" rotary mode because it's too easy to make a gross adjustment just by clicking a knob. It would be great if it would remember that I set the knobs to "up/down dragging".
This is a common criticism of the plugin - see the post just above yours for an example. Unfortunately, the lack of persistence with the slider mode is a shortcoming of the GUI toolset I'm using. I have access to a set() function, but not a get() function, if that makes any sense.

I will look into some solutions for the next major ValhallaFreqEcho rev, and for upcoming products.

Thanks for the feedback,

Sean Costello

Hi There,
The unit looks great, but I can't get it to work in Pro Tools 8.0.1 It will load into a plugin slot, but no sounds come out if it is instantiated, and my transport controls do not work if it's on screen. I like the premise though, straight forward GUI and simple controls (I'm guessing :) Hope this helps you with your update.
SS

stillwarm wrote:Hi There,
The unit looks great, but I can't get it to work in Pro Tools 8.0.1 It will load into a plugin slot, but no sounds come out if it is instantiated, and my transport controls do not work if it's on screen. I like the premise though, straight forward GUI and simple controls (I'm guessing :) Hope this helps you with your update.
Which version have you downloaded? If it is the 1.01 update, the README file will say as much. If not, then try the update.

If you have the 1.01 update and it isn't working for you, let me know. System info (Mac/Windows, that sort of thing) is useful.

Sean Costello

Hi Sean,
I must have screwed something up the first time I tried to install it, cause I went back to your site, got the latest version, installed and it works great. This is a very cool plug btw, exactly what I thought it would be, and then some. As subtle or extreme as you want it to be. Thank you very much, I bet the stuff you're working on now is stellar if this plug is any indication of what you can cook up.
Thanks again, great job on this!!!
SS

Hi Sean,

Just noticed (I got an email in January but forgot about it) that Shimmer is now available in 64bit AU.

Are you planning on making a 64bit version of Freqecho? (and Room? EDIT: Noted that Room will be 64bit AU)

Cheers,

Alan

taoyoyo wrote:Hi Sean,

Just noticed (I got an email in January but forgot about it) that Shimmer is now available in 64bit AU.

Are you planning on making a 64bit version of Freqecho? (and Room? EDIT: Noted that Room will be 64bit AU)
I am planning on an updated version of FreqEcho after I get Room out. The updates I need to add:

- 64 bit builds (AU and Win VST - the Juce SDK doesn't currently support 64-bit Mac VST)
- Automation improvements
- Preset browser from Room

All these changes can be added without breaking existing projects that use FreqEcho. It is just a matter of finding the time to do and test the ports.

Sean Costello

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply.

Looking forward to Room too! :)

Cheers,

Alan

Please don't forget to add the up/down dragging by default.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”