What would you like to see from ValhallaDSP in the future?

Locked New Topic

What would you like to see from ValhallaDSP in the future?

Chorus
14%
Flanger
2%
More reverbs
8%
Pitch Shifting things
18%
Weird noisy texture things
28%
Dynamics Processors (compressor, limiter)
11%
Multitap delays
6%
Other delay plugins
2%
Distortion/waveshaping
5%
Granular
7%

Total votes: 222

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Valhalla,
first i want to say how good and usable ValhallaRoom is - a fantastic reverb plugin - thank you very much!!

Now to the feature request (if it's possible at all ;-) ):

I was searching for an "automatic" way to get a "self ducking" reverb.
For example: you have a first sound/word which a huge reverb - now when the second sound is played the tail of the first is faded and the new sounds get the full reverb - and so on...
Such the reverb became more of a "mono" sound sculpting tool.
Perhaps a threshold level could trigger the process of quickly fading out and reopening the reverb?
Hopes this all makes some sense.

Anyway this reverb is really great...worth any penny and even some more ;-)
Regards, David
255 characters....eemm...let's see...

FragileX wrote:Hi Valhalla,
first i want to say how good and usable ValhallaRoom is - a fantastic reverb plugin - thank you very much!!

Now to the feature request (if it's possible at all ;-) ):

I was searching for an "automatic" way to get a "self ducking" reverb.
For example: you have a first sound/word which a huge reverb - now when the second sound is played the tail of the first is faded and the new sounds get the full reverb - and so on...
Such the reverb became more of a "mono" sound sculpting tool.
Perhaps a threshold level could trigger the process of quickly fading out and reopening the reverb?
Hopes this all makes some sense.

Anyway this reverb is really great...worth any penny and even some more ;-)
Regards, David
Hi David,

Your idea is an interesting one. At first, I thought that the standard "gating" found in some older hardware reverbs would take care of this (I have this in my Lexicon PCM70 and Alesis Midiverb IV, and it might be in some other units I haven't turned on in a while). However, most of these would have a threshold that would stay on for a whole phrase, instead of being retriggered in between the words. I'll think about how this could work. Not for VRoom; adding a new parameter to ÜberMod brought up some DAW issues that I didn't know about before, so I can't add any new parameters to ValhallaRoom. I'll keep the ducking ideas in mind for future products.

Sean Costello

I saw your reply-post Sean. I must say Valhalla effects might be a bit too "geeky" for normal musicians who don't understand the theory behind all the fx. No wonder they ask for more presets to show them what your brilliant plugins are capable of, so I suppose they should get some of those. they come in handy as shortcuts to what you want to do with the plugin. ;)

Me? I find most of the plugins too restricted. Until I met Valhalla plugins. :lol: There's something about them that just keeps you glued to them. Both Room and Ubermod. It's just that you can tweak them so nicely without looking at a stupid hardware representation GUI, and use your ears to judge if the sound is good or not. Using eyes instead of ears is one of the things that bother me. People should try working with the audio gear with their eyes closed, or something along the line... Anyway, you're plugins a great pleasure to work with and rather special. Something VST users needed in these times of... hmmm not good times for anything, really, but being a banker.

Your posts on the website are excellent and I like reading them. Keep doing the brilliant work you do, all from the excellent GUI design to the sound, and your excellent blog, man. It seems like you're doing some kind of a educational work there, too. :lol: Which is exemplary. I don't think I know many developers who do that.

Wholeheartedly, cheers! :) Give my regards to LLC, too. Especially for naming the plugin for what it really is! :lol:

p.s. I too didn't like the ",LLC" addon to the valhalla presets folder, but now I don't care as I know how it feels like and I'm a very sentimental person. Let's say it makes your plugins even more special. :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Wholeheartedly, cheers! :) Give my regards to LLC, too. Especially for naming the plugin for what it really is! :lol:
I'll give my regards to my wife: Mrs. Limited Liability Corporation.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Married to a corporation sounds kinda political :hihi:

xh3rv wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
Married to a corporation sounds kinda political :hihi:
From page 11 of this thread:
valhallasound wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:Hi Sean, I've demoed VRoom and Ubermod and I really like them, but I was just wondering why ", LLC" has to show up after "Vahalla DSP" in the plugin menu? I feel silly mentioning this since it's not necessarily a huge issue, but considering I have to look at the plugin menu many times during a session I just think it's an eyesore and rather unnecessary to have that there. Of course you can name your plugins however you like since they're your products, but just thought I would through it out there.
LLC is my wife's initials. You BASTARD.
I figured that it would be obvious that it was a joke...

valhallasound wrote: I figured that it would be obvious that it was a joke...
It was, I just meant to post a goofy line, poorly constructed I guess. Sorry :oops:

Oops, I didn't get the joke. :lol: Sarcasm is hard to convey in the forums on the Internet. What's even "worse", your surname is *Costello* :) , so her name could be something like Lynn Lillian Costello. d= :lol: =b

Was I right about her naming the "Ubermod" plugin, though? I read that at your forum. ;)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

hy sean,

do you think its possible to implement an "morph" knob to fade from one preset into another in ubermod, like in reaktor?
ok, i could automate all in logic (if it would work proper,but it doesnt) but it would be easier to chose two presets to morph between those...

cheers

greententacle wrote:hy sean,

do you think its possible to implement an "morph" knob to fade from one preset into another in ubermod, like in reaktor?
ok, i could automate all in logic (if it would work proper,but it doesnt) but it would be easier to chose two presets to morph between those...

cheers
Yeah, I've thought about that too! That would be a really nice feature. It would work really well with ÜberMod imo.

ÜberMod is great at Choruses, Ensembles, Reverbs, Delays etc. but where it really shines are the settings in between those.
It would be awesome to e able to morph from a delay to a reverb for example (well, that's already possible now but not as sophisticated as a dedicated morphing system would be). :)

Cheers
Dennis

a global wet only button would also be awsome!

greententacle wrote:a global wet only button would also be awsome!
In Room and ÜberMod, click the MIX label above the Mix slider, then set Mix to 100 percent.

Sean Costello

thankx sean

valhallasound wrote:
greententacle wrote:a global wet only button would also be awsome!
In Room and ÜberMod, click the MIX label above the Mix slider, then set Mix to 100 percent.

Sean Costello

Thats great!!!

Could you do this with all parameters?

i think access did a great job with the ti software, lock any parameter you want and change the preset.
do't know why no other softsynth got this....

greententacle wrote: i think access did a great job with the ti software, lock any parameter you want and change the preset.
do't know why no other softsynth got this....
REFX did exactly this with Nexus2. I think the fixation on analog-ness has meant the whole usability of soft-synths has
been somewhat forgotten.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Valhalla DSP”