What would you like to see from ValhallaDSP in the future?

Locked New Topic

What would you like to see from ValhallaDSP in the future?

Chorus
14%
Flanger
2%
More reverbs
8%
Pitch Shifting things
18%
Weird noisy texture things
28%
Dynamics Processors (compressor, limiter)
11%
Multitap delays
6%
Other delay plugins
2%
Distortion/waveshaping
5%
Granular
7%

Total votes: 222

RELATED
PRODUCTS

greententacle wrote:
valhallasound wrote:
greententacle wrote:a global wet only button would also be awsome!
In Room and ÜberMod, click the MIX label above the Mix slider, then set Mix to 100 percent.

Sean Costello

Thats great!!!

Could you do this with all parameters?
Could, but won't. This would end up being more confusing than useful to the vast majority of users, and I wouldn't look forward to the flood of "why isn't the sound changing when I change presets" inquiries.

Sean Costello

you're right

Sampleconstruct wrote:I also voted for noisy weird texture thingy Plug-In because I'd like to see your genius working on a Granulator type of effect, taking your obvious experience with twisting grains around to the next otherworldly level...
+1

There's no dedicated outdoor reverb on the market at the moment. Convolution reverbs are very limited and sound static.

So I'd love to see some kind of nonlinear reverb/delay/modulation plugin (somewhat similar to UberMod) but with specific algorithms and controls for recreating sound of outdoor locations, such as: forest, lakeside, countryside, city streets, mountains. I understand that this is a extremely complicated task. I would easily pay $50 (and more) for such plugin with just a single "forest" algorithm :)

Or for example, a sound of thunder. A lightning strike is just a serial of short noise bursts, but the following sound of a shock wave and overlapping sound paths is mesmerizingly rich. Similar thing with (distant) explosions and fireworks. I tried different delay/reverb plugins but they all sound like the listener is inside of some sort of container. Natural outdoor reverberation has a different quality. This is especially noticeable when the sound source is far away. Wind and temperature lapse cause random refractions, reflections and compression of a sound wave, and this separates low, mid and high frequencies so they travel with different speed and arrive to listener at different time.

I made a little experiment with ValhallaUberMod and tried to recreate a sound of thunder from simple clicks. UbderMod was great for creating initial texture but it lacks some essential controls needed for the task. So my result is still far from original.

https://soundcloud.com/drzhnn/sets/test-thunder

Summing it up, I tested lots of reverb plugins and none of them was capable of creating natural and evocative outdoor reverb. So please, Mr. Costello, let your reverb genius save the world once again. We need your magic :D
Last edited by drzhnn on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

some kind of pitch tracking verbbed out resonator with filters and weird feedback paths and a looping envelope...

or something..

Return to “Valhalla DSP”