Uber Mod midi cc control?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm demoing and love the sound but cannot find a way to attach midi controllers- there must be a way but if I right click on a fader it says 'velocity sensitive mode' and no option for midi. There is no manual at the moment is that right?

pinki wrote:I'm demoing and love the sound but cannot find a way to attach midi controllers- there must be a way but if I right click on a fader it says 'velocity sensitive mode' and no option for midi. There is no manual at the moment is that right?
There is no manual yet, and no MIDI Learn or any other MIDI framework. Most of my customers automate through the DAW interface.

Sean Costello

Mmm OK I guess I'm not most of your customers because for such a plugin I think getting some real time control would be normal.

For a reverb plug I don't think it's important but this is sound mangling and to be able to attach a midi controller is a mere joy....each to their own I guess...

pinki wrote:Mmm OK I guess I'm not most of your customers because for such a plugin I think getting some real time control would be normal.

For a reverb plug I don't think it's important but this is sound mangling and to be able to attach a midi controller is a mere joy....each to their own I guess...
MIDI Learn would be cool, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying it isn't in there. I would need to figure out how to do it, and I can't say with certainty that I would get it running anytime soon.

As far as this functionality, what do you and others prefer: A MIDI Learn button on the top level of the GUI, or right clicking to select "MIDI Learn"?

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
As far as this functionality, what do you and others prefer: A MIDI Learn button on the top level of the GUI, or right clicking to select "MIDI Learn"?

Sean Costello
Definitely a Midi Learn right click option would be cool...but no hurry please.

A way of making it sticky is the important thing - so that the next time the plug is opened the assignment is still there.
Thanks for considering it! Oh and yes right click is good.

pinki wrote:A way of making it sticky is the important thing - so that the next time the plug is opened the assignment is still there.
See, I just wouldn't have thought about this. Thanks for the idea. Right now, there is a file called "ValhallaUberMod.settings" that current saves the user ID info, but it could also be used for saving "sticky" things.
Thanks for considering it!
You're welcome! No promises on when MIDI learn will make it into ÜberMod, as I have to learn how to implement it. But it seems like a useful thing to add to the Valhalla plugin framework in general.

Sean Costello

Thanks Sean- great response- it's on my 'to buy' list.

What host are you using ?

I use DP7.2

pinki wrote:I use DP7.2
Sorry can't help you then.I haven't even seen DP irl.

EDIT: There some stuff in here don't know if it's relevant.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun04/a ... rnotes.htm

OK thanks- it's a different method to genuine cc control but it would be possible that way.

pinki wrote:OK thanks- it's a different method to genuine cc control but it would be possible that way.
That article is from 2004 so maybe there's a more modern way of doing it nowadays ?

No the 'midi console' is still the same since then and it was quite arcane back then!

valhallasound wrote:
You're welcome! No promises on when MIDI learn will make it into ÜberMod, as I have to learn how to implement it. But it seems like a useful thing to add to the Valhalla plugin framework in general.
That was more than 3 years ago. Is MIDI Learn something that will be added?

Return to “Valhalla DSP”