: ValhallaFreqEcho 64 bit?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

are there any plans to make ValhallaFreqEcho 64 bit? Using Studio One V2 64 and not being happy with the jbridge results so far.

Thanks,

Philipp
Finally!

Another vote for 64 bits (AU) Freqecho. :-)

(and I bet the Logic bridge is even worse ;))

BDeep wrote:Another vote for 64 bits (AU) Freqecho. :-)

(and I bet the Logic bridge is even worse ;))
Hey, the Logic bridge is GREAT if you only run it for 5 minutes at a time.

Anyway, 64 bit FreqEcho is in the future plans. Gotta get the next commercial plugin out the door, and then create 64 bit OSX VST for Shimmer. After that, I'll do a quick update of FreqEcho, and fix the stupid default rotary knob behavior. I'll also change the font to Futura, to make it in line with the other plugins.

Sean Costello

Ok, now I feel I can finally admit this... Futura was my most wanted feature for freq echo!

Excuse me but what is "Futura" ?

Finally!

Yeah, futura in this world is indeed a font.
However, in a parallel universe, it refers to little particles taken from the unknown, which are used to take very real objects into new territories.
That's why FreqEcho needs futura. As a matter of fact, that why all plugins should have futura.

Oh...I thought it was an important function or algorythm for the FreqEcho...

valhallasound wrote:Gotta get the next commercial plugin out the door
So excited about what this can be. :hyper:
Anyway, could you consider adding more sync options to FreqEcho when you get around to it? 1/32, 1/64 and even 1/128 would be appreciated as I find it can do interesting things to percussive sounds.. If you could also add some dotted timesignatures that would be great for having several instances play against each other, if you know what I mean. Appreciated if you can, understandable if you for some (sensible) reason can't or won't. Now off to explore ValhallaÜberMod... :wheee:

V-GER wrote:
valhallasound wrote:Gotta get the next commercial plugin out the door
So excited about what this can be. :hyper:
Anyway, could you consider adding more sync options to FreqEcho when you get around to it? 1/32, 1/64 and even 1/128 would be appreciated as I find it can do interesting things to percussive sounds.. If you could also add some dotted timesignatures that would be great for having several instances play against each other, if you know what I mean. Appreciated if you can, understandable if you for some (sensible) reason can't or won't. Now off to explore ValhallaÜberMod... :wheee:
The 64-bit updates to FreqEcho won't contain any new sync options, as adding these would break compatibility with existing projects that use FreqEcho.

An explanation: All VST 2.x parameters have a 0.0 to 1.0 range. In order to get a "combo box" of options in a VST, such as the sync modes, the N options need to be scaled to fit into the 0.0-1.0 range. Right now, I think I have 12 sync modes in there. If I added more, the existing values in user's DAW projects would be mapped to the new range, and end up going to some different sync value than with the earlier version of the plugin.

At some point, I want to add a few parameters to FreqEcho, and fix a few issues with how the parameters are mapped to the GUI knobs. These changes would break compatibility with older projects, so I would release this under a different name (FreqEchoMkIII or something like that), which could coexist with the older plugin. At that point, I could add more sync values, since backwards compatibility wouldn't be an issue.

Sean Costello

Ok, makes perfect sense. Could a tweakable degree of smoothing when changing between sync values be added then, perhaps? That sort of thing makes for interesting transitons. If you think it fits somewhere in the GUI, your vision for what FreqEcho should and shouldn't be etc offcourse.

V-GER wrote:Ok, makes perfect sense. Could a tweakable degree of smoothing when changing between sync values be added then, perhaps? That sort of thing makes for interesting transitons. If you think it fits somewhere in the GUI, your vision for what FreqEcho should and shouldn't be etc offcourse.
A smoothing control would be an interesting idea for the more extensive FreqEcho update. This next update will just be:

- 64 bit versions
- change default knob behavior to up/down, instead of circular
- a few CPU optimizations (I have a much more efficient quadrature oscillator now)
- change font to Futura Demibold
- installer for OSX/Windows (maybe - not sure if this is really helpful for Windows folks)

I started playing around with the update on the 4th, and it is coming along OK. I'll work on it in the next few days, in between work on the next plugin.

Sean Costello

Here's the redesigned GUI, using Futura:

I've already changed the knob behavior so that it defaults to up/down, and have optimized the DSP a bit. I might tweak the graphics a bit more tonight. After that, I'll port to the various plugin formats: 32/64 bit AU, 32/64 bit VST, RTAS. This shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Sean Costello

Wow, excellent Sean. Highly appreciated. Thanks

I've implemented a resizable GUI for the upcoming revision of ValhallaFreqEcho. It just didn't feel right to have FreqEcho be bigger than the smallest size of ÜberMod, since ÜberMod has approximately 8 billion times as many controls.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”