ValhallaVintageVerb

RELATED
PRODUCTS

ValhallaVintageVerb .. why do some of the presets categories have presets that aren't in the same MODE as the category?

for example..

if you go down the "Plate" categories, and select "A Plate" from the list, it's actually in CHAMBER mode, and then if you go to "Ambience Plate", it's in "Ambience" mode .. just trying to make sense of it all! :) Thanks!

lip5016 wrote:ValhallaVintageVerb .. why do some of the presets categories have presets that aren't in the same MODE as the category?

for example..

if you go down the "Plate" categories, and select "A Plate" from the list, it's actually in CHAMBER mode, and then if you go to "Ambience Plate", it's in "Ambience" mode .. just trying to make sense of it all! :) Thanks!
The Ambience and Chamber modes both make good plate reverb sounds. The older presets were based on sound, versus the reverb mode.

It is worth noting that the reverb modes in most algorithmic reverbs have arbitrary names. The difference between a "Plate" and a "Chamber" algorithm may be more about diffusion and echo density, versus any relationship to the physical structures.

Sean Costello

Hi, Sean.

I'm using the latest beta and I just noticed that, in Logic, sometimes I hear an echo when using multiple instances of VVV. Has this been reported by anyone?

Morph243 wrote:Hi, Sean.

I'm using the latest beta and I just noticed that, in Logic, sometimes I hear an echo when using multiple instances of VVV. Has this been reported by anyone?
A couple of users have noted this in the Ambience mode on OSX. It is rarely repeatable, and I've never been able to reproduce it on my computers, but I've heard a recording of it that gives me an idea of what might be going on. I'm releasing a new beta in the next day or two that has some code changes, which will hopefully take care of this issue for those people that have encountered it.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Morph243 wrote:A couple of users have noted this in the Ambience mode on OSX.
That's exactly it!
Good to know. Thank you very much. ;)

Cheers!

valhallasound wrote:I'm releasing a new beta in the next day or two
...or three. I'm trying out a new program, Packages, to build the OSX installer. PackageMaker does a good job at utterly ignoring the permissions I set for the preset folders, so it is time to try out a different solution.

Sean Costello

Really Sean, any info about release date of vvv with new algos ? At least roughly, a month, or next year...

Been testing the 1.5.0b7 VVV extensively recently. All working fine here (Win7 64, Audiomulch with 32 bit VST, RX4 with 32 bit VST). Love the new modes. Smooth Plate on Nico's "Nibelungen" acappella track (from The Marble Index album, bonus track) is a sound for sore ears... :) Dirty Hall nails the Bladerunner etc.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Smooth Plate on Nico's "Nibelungen" acappella track (from The Marble Index album, bonus track) is a sound for sore ears... :)
I don't know The Marble Index. I own and love Chelsea Girls. Gotta check this out...

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Smooth Plate on Nico's "Nibelungen" acappella track (from The Marble Index album, bonus track) is a sound for sore ears... :)
Hah! Will have to try this one. The Marble Index and Desertshore are the greatest!
I feel like a bad beta tester but I'm not having any problems either. :tu:

I only heard Marble Index for the first time last week, but it's been on every day since then, incredible album. Not heard any of her other solo stuff but will definitely get it all now! Yeah, that track is all acapella (with some reverb), but slapping VVV on it at about 5-7% is just heaven.

So what about the release, it will happen someday? :lol: (Forgive my obsession as a existing user).

c_voltage wrote:So what about the release, it will happen someday? :lol: (Forgive my obsession as a existing user).
If you are an existing licensed user, send me an AAX request and I can send you the beta!

The full version will be released when it is ready. There will be 1 more beta release before then.

valhallasound wrote:If you are an existing licensed user, send me an AAX request and I can send you the beta!
Yes, actually i was thought to do it (have all valhallas at the moment), but always with doubtfully attitude to beta, and therefore thought to wait for the final release. (all the more so i do not use AAX, just win vst 32bit - maybe this format is stable now in beta?). I want only the new algorithms. Well, if such a situation, ok, i will write request. Thanks.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I tested Vintageverg 1.5b7 (Win 7 64bit, Cubase 7.5 64bit) and this VST doesn't recall VV 1.0.1 settings. When I open session, all VV instances restore to defaults.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”