1%
Ubermod already does this
13%
There are enough delay plugs that do everything already
9%

Total votes: 254

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been hinting at Sean for this to happen. I think an easy to use delay plugin akin to the Room/VV plugins would just be sweet. What do you think?

A delay with the GUI style/function of VVV/Room would be awesome. Add in the freq echo mode and the pitch shifty mode from Shimmer, and you would have an echoboy/crsytallizer in one plug, and it would probably be the best delay on the market. Make it easy to use, and we already know the quality will be top notch, and it will rival any other delay on the market. Give us a bunch of preset modes/algos that sort of correspond with settings like in Ubermod/Echoboy that can be tweaked if needed. People want easy to use and tweak plugs, and don't want to be overwhelmed with hundreds of parameters (there are other plugs for that) :pray:

But if considered, take all the time necessary to incorporate all needed parameters for functions that all the other neat delay plugins have (i.e. pattern, pitch shift, beat, multitaps, tape flutter, Binson magnetic disc, oil can, reverse, insert fx into feedback loop :-o , spring reverb algo on pre or post feedback, various beat time sig seperations, easy to use loop/record/phrase mode (aka the Boomerang phrase sampler). Above all, just make it easy to use and tweak fast like a delay pedal/processor. Study some of the current top quality digital delay pedals that model old and new delay stuff.

I can see the color scheme now. Black, dark green, dark bold yellow, and maybe red :cool:

Lets hear your suggestions for the perfect Valhalla delay.

Poll needs a "F#$% yeah!" option.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

With all the options you suggest on one hand, and the wish for a Valhalla style, easy to use interface on the other hand... I see a challenge ;)

Well, I am just throwing out creative suggestions, because once he releases a plug, he says it's hard to add features or it breaks compatibility. But I am more for the simple easy to use approach with good sound with less complicated options.

I am more for a drop down list of modes that emulate certain delays. An option for mono, stereo, ping pong. Pan/stereo field width of the stereo or ping pong. Time or beat sync. Feddback. HP/LP. Reverse. Maybe a second drop list (like in VV) for age or max time control, short, medium, long. Simple tape flutter/modulation controls. Maybe an option to add in spring reverb pre or post feedback. A parameter tab/page to enable certain effect sends into the feedback path, with of course tape sat/drive, and also like pitch shifting, his freq echo freq shifter, and what ever other effects he can thrown in.

With the mode drop down list, it could be presets that correlate to parameters on another "Delay character" tab, so in theory those modes could be tweaked or edited to the user's likeness or creating new delay types, the same way Soundtoys Echoboy works with its delay type presets. I don't know if he could allow sub preset saving of those, but you could just put the main presets into a different preset category/folder.

I think with his reverb knowledge (that being based on lots of delays) he could create one bad ass delay/echo plugin.

I am also envisioning a pedal/stomp simplified versions of his algos with say 3-4 knobs (like a stomp) for dedicated chorus, flange, phase, drive/saturation, etc.. And then maybe a modular pedal board with all those available.

I'd personally love to see a Valhalla Bus Compressor à la The Glue.

Nah, I've got the "glue" live version and busspressor.

I want the delay. Finishing freqecho would be fine for now though :hihi:

hibidy wrote:Nah, I've got the "glue" live version and busspressor.

yes!

I voted "Ubermod already does this", however maybe I was too quick on that.

If Valhalla did a delay plug-in with variable filter types within the feedback path as well as a limiter, that could be cool. My favorite style delay is to have a delay feeding back to itself in a return track through a filter. But it needs a limiter within the feedback to stabilize a bit and get a nice overdrive squash to it. I would love to see a plug-in that did this is one device. Several delays have a filter in it's feedback path (though it's not that common), but it would be nice had that compression/limiting in there too. I think ValhallaDSP is the perfect candidate to make it! Especially if some other cool elements are added like the pitched delays and a roland space echo type spring reverb in there too. A lot of people would love him to do a spring reverb. I think a vintage dub delay/springverb would bea perfect Valhalla device.

Damn I wish I could change my vote now....

Anyone else feel they don't really understand ubermod? :oops:

I know what I want from a delay, but I don't think it's the sort of thing Valhalla would do.

I want a hosting delay.

It's pretty simple, it's just got a delay time, some panning, and empty slots for whatever VST/AU I want to iteratively apply to the sound. If want my echos to get gradually more reverby, I put vroom in the slot. If I want them to get crunchier, I put in my choice of distortion plug-in, If I want a low-fi tape echo, I put in my choice of EQ and compressor. Throw in a mix control with a log scale (as I'm likely to be using the 0-5% mix range more than the 50-100%), and automatic compensation for latency in the plug-ins and you have a delay that can do any effect, without needing to reinvent the wheel.

hibidy wrote:Nah, I've got the "glue" live version and busspressor.

True, but there are even more delay plugins out there. But that doesn't mean that I don't want the delay..why couldn't we get both? :D

I'd like to see a kind of mix between Space Echo, VVV, and a delay with filtering possibilities (like The Drop or Philteroid for example). I think it would be awesome judging by the incredible spatial/creative work from Sean. Concerning a "glue à la Costello" (sounds like a name of a disgusting italian sauce), well I can't think about a dynamic plug released by Valhalla, IMHO Sean has still a lot of things to bring to the audio spatialization and it seems that it's his speciality/passion. Sean said that there won't be any new release this year, a new algo is coming for VVV and maybe some improvement for the other units too...Don't wanna put the pressure on him though. :)

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

LX_Nen wrote:I know what I want from a delay, but I don't think it's the sort of thing Valhalla would do.

I want a hosting delay.

It's pretty simple, it's just got a delay time, some panning, and empty slots for whatever VST/AU I want to iteratively apply to the sound. If want my echos to get gradually more reverby, I put vroom in the slot. If I want them to get crunchier, I put in my choice of distortion plug-in, If I want a low-fi tape echo, I put in my choice of EQ and compressor. Throw in a mix control with a log scale (as I'm likely to be using the 0-5% mix range more than the 50-100%), and automatic compensation for latency in the plug-ins and you have a delay that can do any effect, without needing to reinvent the wheel.
+1

This is no dig at Sean/Valhalla in anyway, but why can't a software company feasibly do this yet? There are some cool stomp delays that have send/return jacks in the feedback loop. This would be the next step in delay plugin technology. At least give us some effects to add to a modular feedback path if you can't get the vst hosting thing down. Add in an automatic limiter that stays on by default at the end of the chain so feedback levels don't exceed the dry/mix output level, and a hidden back panel control with an explicit warning that allows you to turn the limiter off if you so dare :hihi:

ontol wrote:whatever comes next, I'll be waiting with my $50
Same here... :D

Return to “Valhalla DSP”