1%
Ubermod already does this
13%
There are enough delay plugs that do everything already
9%

Total votes: 254

RELATED
PRODUCTS

By my side. a delay network clearly dedicated to comb filters/drones/resonators, primarily focused on tone, chords or all chromatic scales (eventually options for exotic scales) would of a great interest for me

:love:

i'm patiently waiting for the new version of Dronebox that Oli Larkin should announce one of these future days...
I'm a big fan of these tuned delay lines that still have many uncharted territories IMO

8)

What a funny thread! You guys seem to want every delay feature imaginable put into a simple 8-12 knobs interface.

Well, here's a suggestion: why don't you try to build such a thing in, say, Reaktor or Bidule [edit: or just draw it on paper!], and see how many parameters you're going to end up with.

And for 50 bucks.... :uhuhuh:

uber is all i need for delays now, i'd rather like to see top quality pitchshifting stuff
🇷🇺

hibidy wrote:Anyone else feel they don't really understand ubermod? :oops:
Yep. :drunk:

As much as I appreciate Sean's plugin (I proudly use three of them), there are already noteworthy offers on the market. Between U-he, Fabfilter, Soundtoys and even Valhalla DSP, there are immense possibilities.

A hosting delay plugin is a cool idea, but takes about the same time to setup the buses with the same plugins within the DAW itself and a couple of AUX tracks...

Just trying to spark some creative juices from Sean. I know he couldn't (or not?) possibly implement all of these features, but I know he could add in a few, to give it that Valhalla magic. He seems to be a mad caffeinated scientist when it comes to these things and getting them right.

I am more for simple easy to use GUI with a few extra special easy to use features. Big GUIs with tiny buttons and sliders and 100 parameters scare me off (unless it is an ampsim :hihi:, but even still). I like Sean's approach to 1 knob/slider controlling about 3-5+ internal parameters, even if you don't get exact control or emulation.

LX_Nen wrote:I want a hosting delay.

It's pretty simple, it's just got a delay time, some panning, and empty slots for whatever VST/AU I want to iteratively apply to the sound.
You can do already something similar in any host that will allow a feedback loop which should be most of them. I've been doing it for ages. The exact setup depends on your host but...

Put a delay on a send with feedback set to 0 and wet/dry set to 100% wet. Then follow it with the plugin of your choice, I often like sample rate reducers, and then send the output back to the delay send. That send control is now your feedback control.

BUT START SLOW! Things can get seriously out of control if you start indiscriminately cranking the feedback to 11. I take no responsibility for lost limbs or your wife complaining about all her appliances being out on the lawn.

Sorry if it might sound perhaps a bit insisting, but i'm persuaded that for instance, delay-based resonators FX are still of an underexploited area

For single instruments as well as send/return MIDI controlled effect into the mix when intelligently configured to enhance chords , harmonies and scales

Krakatau wrote:Sorry if it might sound perhaps a bit insisting, but i'm persuaded that for instance, delay-based resonators FX are still of an underexploited area

For single instruments as well as send/return MIDI controlled effect into the mix when intelligently configured to enhance chords , harmonies and scales
Gee, thanks for reminding me about the best delay plugin in the history of the known universe who ran off and left me alone and crying, Spektral Delay. I'm going to be singing Jimmy Reed songs all day. :cry:

But if this is your bag there is a ton of stuff along these lines in the Reaktor user library.

I want this !!!! http://www.tcelectronic.com/flashback-delay/ , but as VST plugin , it does that " The Edge " U2 delay of the famous 2290 , it actually covers any and every type of delay . TC also has the flashback x4 that has a looper in it , that would be so cool to have , imagine if it just sinked with your VST hosts BPM/tempo instead of tapping it in to the pedal . I know these are guitar pedals but I think they'd be easy and great to use as a VST plugins even for non guitar people . What do you think ????

toast wrote:
LX_Nen wrote:I want a hosting delay.

It's pretty simple, it's just got a delay time, some panning, and empty slots for whatever VST/AU I want to iteratively apply to the sound.
You can do already something similar in any host that will allow a feedback loop which should be most of them. I've been doing it for ages. The exact setup depends on your host but...

Put a delay on a send with feedback set to 0 and wet/dry set to 100% wet. Then follow it with the plugin of your choice, I often like sample rate reducers, and then send the output back to the delay send. That send control is now your feedback control.

BUT START SLOW! Things can get seriously out of control if you start indiscriminately cranking the feedback to 11. I take no responsibility for lost limbs or your wife complaining about all her appliances being out on the lawn.
This is my preferred method of doing dubby delays. Always use a limiter! It can save when you're fast enough to pull back the seedback (ie. send level to itself). A nice sounding limiter can also be a good replacement for overdrive as the gradual squash distorts it. I often still use feedback of the plug-in itself, which lessens the effect of whatever other effect is in the send feedback path (like a filter).

I haven't been able to find a good oil can delay anywhere. I'd really like something that could at least optionally emulate that scratchy, dirty, cyclic, vibrato-y sound.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

xybre wrote:I haven't been able to find a good oil can delay anywhere. I'd really like something that could at least optionally emulate that scratchy, dirty, cyclic, vibrato-y sound.
I hadn't heard many of these. I'm looking at a few YouTube videos. That's a pretty cool sound.

Sean Costello

Nomad makes one, I don't know if it's anything like you guys are talking about but it's a pretty good delay.

Im glad im not a software dev

You all are a tough lot :lol:
:borg:

Return to “Valhalla DSP”