ValhallaRoom crashing Studio One 2

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, anytime i close Valhalla room in Studio One 2 it causes my project to crash. This has been happening for about a year now, through various updates with S1. It usually doesnt bother me, so ive pretty much forgotten that its even an issue. Anyone else having this problem? Granted it only happens when the song is still playing when i close VR. Most of the time i remember to stop playback first, which isnt a big deal, but sometimes i do forget. Good thing i save a lot :P

I was just wondering. Although in all likelihood its a problem with S1. Or maybe im just in denial because i dont want to thing Valhalla can do any wrong :D

I use a different DAW (Mixcraft Pro Studio 6), but I also have S1 (2.5.x). I'm going to test this. Any particular kind of track? What I mean is, instrument (MIDI) or audio?
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Happens with both. I just tested it to make sure. I also just checked to see if it does it in 64, and it doesn't look like it. Also only seems to be on my iMac, doesnt do it on my macbook pro. At least not that i know of . :shrug:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=370442

Yep! I emailed Sean the crash reports but it didn't shed light on the issue. And no one else had reported it, so it wasn't a priority I'm guessing. So if you have crash reports send them on. It happened for me in ableton live too. Just closing the gui. Hopefully there might be some overlap in our problem and it leads to getting it fixed. I love this plugin, but yeah, it's a bummer since I use it so much.

Also be aware of the weird bug I posted of what happens when you put valhalla on a mono track! :) in fairness, that's studio one's fault. So hopefully they deal with that.

well, thanks for the info guys. I defiantly get some crash reports together and send them in. Hopefully this will get worked out.

Happens to me in Live (OS X) sometimes, but it is upon opening the GUI and changing a parameter. Reporting via email seems to be the most sensible route.

FWIW, I know Sean is updating his plugins to the newest JUCE framework, so likely that will helpt with these issues as well.

BDeep wrote:Happens to me in Live (OS X) sometimes, but it is upon opening the GUI and changing a parameter. Reporting via email seems to be the most sensible route.

FWIW, I know Sean is updating his plugins to the newest JUCE framework, so likely that will helpt with these issues as well.
These sorts of issues are either related to Juce, a bug in the DAW, or some combination thereof.

I am working on AAX ports, and am updating all of the VST/AU/RTAS versions at the same time. This entails using the latest Juce code, which one would hope has bugs fixed in it. Andrew Simper (Cytomic) reported a similar Studio One issue in older Juce frameworks, so hopefully the code update will fix this issue.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
BDeep wrote:Happens to me in Live (OS X) sometimes, but it is upon opening the GUI and changing a parameter. Reporting via email seems to be the most sensible route.

These sorts of issues are either related to Juce, a bug in the DAW, or some combination thereof.

I am working on AAX ports, and am updating all of the VST/AU/RTAS versions at the same time. This entails using the latest Juce code, which one would hope has bugs fixed in it. Andrew Simper (Cytomic) reported a similar Studio One issue in older Juce frameworks, so hopefully the code update will fix this issue.

Sean Costello
Awesome! Thanks for the update. :)

valhallasound wrote:

Sean Costello
Studio One 2.52 user here

I reported this to Andrew regarding The Drop. He has updated his plugs. He suggested using the AU versions in the interim. Does that make sense Sean ?
I use Studio One and have both VRoom and VVV in my template and have no consistent issues, however occasionally I have had crashes when changing a parameter. It happens so seldom that I don't find it an issue,TBH I have my reverbs at constant settings in the template and most of the time dont touch them so maybe thats why.

However it's good that its going to be fixed.

woodsdenis wrote: I reported this to Andrew regarding The Drop. He has updated his plugs. He suggested using the AU versions in the interim. Does that make sense Sean ?
Good advice from Andrew Simper, as always. In general, if you are using a DAW on OSX that can run VST and AU, and are having problems with one plugin format, try the other one.

For example, I know that there is a GUI bug with my OSX VST64 plugins in Reaper. The Audio Units work perfectly, so I recommend these for Reaper. Ideally, the Juce updates will fix the bug, but the AU solution works for now.

Sean Costello

I've never had ValhallaRoom crash Studio One on me when I demo'd. However.. Shimmer did crash in S1.

I'm ready to bite the bullet on Vroom, but I use mostly S1 pro. Is it stable these days?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

plugin crash on start up
Windows x64 Studio One X64
plugin scanner crashes scanning most latest Juce based VST
old versions works ok (ValhallaVintageVerb v1.0.1)

draft14 wrote: plugin scanner crashes scanning most latest Juce based VST
ALL Juce based VSTs, or just the Valhalla ones?

draft14 wrote: Windows x64 Studio One X64
Is this Windows XP 64-bit you are talking about here? As opposed to a 64-bit instance of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1?

Return to “Valhalla DSP”