VVV - Weird behaviour in SO2.6.2

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every time I load VVV (AU or VST) in Studio One I'm pretty much guaranteed to have the plugin max out the volume, although it only makes a small click as opposed to blowing my speakers and my eardrums.

Tends to happen when I try to change the algorithm.

On OSX 10.8.5.

Is this known behaviour and is there a fix or update of some kind?

I'll install Studio One on my 10.8.5 machine and check it out. In the meantime, I would suggest downloading the latest beta to see if it has the same issues:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/aax-updates (you can send the request from this page)

If the beta has the same issues, please send me an email with details on how to reproduce it.

As far as the bug you describe, it sounds like the sort of thing that happens when a filter blows up, versus the reverb itself. A "POP!" sound happens when something with a small amount of internal delay, like a filter, exceeds the numeric range. A reverb blowing up is a BIG SCARY sound, ranging from a huge rumble to an earsplitting roar. Debugging reverb algorithms can be kinda terrifying.

Sean Costello

Hi Sean,

I've been eager to try those new algorithms!

Request sent.

Cheers.

Playing nice so far. Good times.

Had the full scale volume attack happen again when changing algorithms whilst playing the song.

Seems to also happen when there's some residual signal in the channel too. i.e. if I hit stop and the reverb is still fading out.

Have you had any luck reproducing this behaviour?

Hi Sean,

Not sure if it's of any help but I've had this behaviour occur now both with the AU and VST versions.

I also had a crash last night when I went to adjust a parameter.

Still in SO 2.6.2 running OS X 10.8.5.

I have a new OSX beta for VintageVerb that I am putting into wider release tomorrow. Send me an email if you want to test it and see if it fixes your Studio One issues.

Sean Costello

Hi Sean,

I've been getting the full scale volume bursts again. Again, not always and the full scale bursts don't crash Studio One so I can't provide a report or anything more useful than this vague description of what's happening.

When it does happen I need to close the set and open it up again.

Were you ever able to reproduce this behaviour?

Edit: On OS X 10.9.5 and SO 2.6.3 now.

Which beta? The 1.5.0b9 beta was released a while back.

Ah, I've got b7.

I'll put a request in on the beta page.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”