A few weird bugs.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

Well, I've been demoing your plugs, specifically VV and Room, and I've been experiencing some serious bugs and glitches.

I'm on Windows 8 Pro 64bit, running the latest version of Studio One.

The first bug is regarding VV. Whenever I use more than one instance of the plug, on different tracks, it seems that one instance leaks through the other. I mean, even when I mute one track, I still can hear its reverb echoing through the other VV instance on the other track...I've never experienced this before with any other plugin, of any kind.

The other bug is related to Room. It causes incredibly loud peaks/clips randomly, mostly when I throw it into a track...Really, this thing is dangerous. It almost blew my skull off the other day. Seriously, I'm scared to use it again.

That's it. Your plugins are really fantastic. From interface to sound...Pure awesomeness. In my opinion, they are among the best sounding reverb plugins in the market. Their price tag is really great as well and I'm really looking forward to buy them. I just need to know if there's a solution or workaround to these bugs first.

Please, let me know if you need any more info about my system in order to formulate a clear view about these issues.

Regards,

Rafael.

Wow, that's unusual and frustrating. It might help Sean if you say exactly which versions you are using. Then again, it might not. Good luck to both of you.

robertszalapski wrote:Wow, that's unusual and frustrating. It might help Sean if you say exactly which versions you are using. Then again, it might not. Good luck to both of you.
Hey brother,

I'm demoing VV version 1.0.1 and Room version 1.1.0. I believe these are the latest versions of both plugs.

I'm running Studio One v2.6.2 on Windows 8 pro 64 bit.

Anyway, I guess these bugs are not that unusual. I've found a thread about the VV "leakage" issue on Gearslutz.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... -bugs.html

Found another thread here about a similar issue with Room as well:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=396982

The OP described the issue pretty well when he said "I experience short burst, followed by a click and constant dc offset coming out form the output, after this the plugin is no longer responsive and needs to be restarted". This is exactly what's happening to me, except that it happens randomly, not only when using an specific preset file or something like that.

Anyway, any help would be highly appreciated. I've tried searching for a solution or workaround on google, as you can see, but had no success so far.

Cheers,

Rafael.

Hey folks,

So, anyone?

I'd really like to solve these problems.

Regards,

Rafael.

It sounds like the current (demo) versions of the Valhalla plugins don't work with your particular setup. This is why I have demo versions, so people can test things with their computers and make sure that it works for them. Every computer/DAW/OS configuration is different, and some DAWs are less stable than others.

I'm currently working on new beta versions of all of the Valhalla plugins, with the goal being to release Windows AAX betas in the next few weeks. The new betas will also have updated VST and RTAS builds. After these have been tested and approved by users, I will release these as the new plugin versions, and will post demo versions with the new updates. At that time, you may wish to test things again with your Studio One configuration.

Sean Costello

Thank you Sean,

I'll be looking forward to test your next versions.

Regards,

Rafael.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”