valhalla tut's

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just been learning some 'verb101 from this thread :

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5814668

and wondered if you (sean) had ever considered shooting tutorial vids, showing how best to use your reverbs in various different scenarios.

maybe in the form of a multi-track mix project, so we can see these scenarios within context. e.g 'shimmer' as effect on insert, and various other tracks using 'room' and 'vvv' as either insert or send (or both)

Or explaining all the reverb options in detail and showing the procedure of creating a reverb for different situations (e.g. "I want to design a dark chamber preset and for this I am going to tweak those parameters in VVV/VRoom"). I'd like to have that. When I try to change a reverb preset it is mostly try and error...

fese wrote:Or explaining all the reverb options in detail and showing the procedure of creating a reverb for different situations (e.g. "I want to design a dark chamber preset and for this I am going to tweak those parameters in VVV/VRoom"). I'd like to have that. When I try to change a reverb preset it is mostly try and error...
oh.......THIS thread :?

Don Gunn is currently working on some tutorial videos for me. Some of these are seemingly basic (i.e. why you should generally use a reverb on a send bus, versus a whole bunch of inserts), but I've learned a TON on how to get a good drum sound from watching Don in action.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:Don Gunn is currently working on some tutorial videos for me. Some of these are seemingly basic (i.e. why you should generally use a reverb on a send bus, versus a whole bunch of inserts), but I've learned a TON on how to get a good drum sound from watching Don in action.

Sean Costello
great news. cheers :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
fese wrote:Or explaining all the reverb options in detail and showing the procedure of creating a reverb for different situations (e.g. "I want to design a dark chamber preset and for this I am going to tweak those parameters in VVV/VRoom"). I'd like to have that. When I try to change a reverb preset it is mostly try and error...
oh.......THIS thread :?
??? What about it?

@sean: great to hear, looking forward to that, I think drum sounds no vocals are the hardest to get right, reverb-wise.

fese wrote:??? What about it?
it's a thread i made a few months back, and had forgotten about. you were the first to comment :shrug:

it's a thread i made a few months back, and had forgotten about. you were the first to comment :shrug:
My lack of comment probably reflected my lack of video making skills. Hence hiring Don, who knows video stuff - as well as how to mix professional recordings, how to use a DAW, all that kind of stuff.

I'm not the guy recording and mixing Death Cab For Cutie. I just make plugins. Don is doing a MUCH better job than I could ever do on these videos. I'm happy he has room in his schedule for this.

Sean Costello

Well, you can pay me later :wink:

Return to “Valhalla DSP”