considering shimmer/questions

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so im trying out shimmer cause im still not getting that HUGE reverb sound yet. and thats what i want. but, i already have vvv and ubermob both which are great purchases. my question. shimmer seem to be lagging behind development wise compared to the other valhalla effects. now i thought i heard that shimmer is a finished product and that no more work will be done on it.

what i want to know is if i have both uber and vvv can i get the same huge spaces or is shimmer the key? you see, ive tried for a long time to find a reverb that gets well, f**king huge and i thought reflex was the answer and i even have said before that reflex is larger then shimmer but after trying shimmer it seems that's the real deal. is it worth buying shimmer when i own vvv and uber cause i still needs to find that huge reverb solution and im not happy with reflex.

Shimmer is less underpriced than the other plugins, but it's still nice to have. If it's just the huge bloom you want, try going with random chorus in VVV. But if you like the variety of huge sounds and the pitch shifting of Shimmer - if inspires your creativity and you enjoy it and you have the money - buy it.

robertszalapski wrote:Shimmer is less underpriced than the other plugins, but it's still nice to have. If it's just the huge bloom you want, try going with random chorus in VVV. But if you like the variety of huge sounds and the pitch shifting of Shimmer - if inspires your creativity and you enjoy it and you have the money - buy it.

oh ok so random chorus is that huge algo yeah im not looking for pitch shifting i don't even know what that is in terms of reverb. cheers.

robertszalapski wrote:Shimmer is less underpriced than the other plugins, but it's still nice to have. If it's just the huge bloom you want, try going with random chorus in VVV.
i see no random chorus? just random space. is this what you mean?

AstralExistence wrote:shimmer seem to be lagging behind development wise compared to the other valhalla effects.
It's just perfect as it is, it doesn't need any further development (except maybe for cross platform presets).

AstralExistence wrote:
robertszalapski wrote:Shimmer is less underpriced than the other plugins, but it's still nice to have. If it's just the huge bloom you want, try going with random chorus in VVV.
i see no random chorus? just random space. is this what you mean?
I meant Random Space or Chorus Space, make the attach slow and tweak the other controls. But I like Shimmer, too.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”