Important VVV feature request

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

What I often find missing within VVV is stereo options like a stereo width control...
Can you please consider adding it with a future update?

Cheers"
3ee

If you want the reverb image to be less wide, you can pan the return.

If you want the image wider, get a stand-alone stereo width tool.

Not trying to be flip... but for the price VVV is the greatest reverb since sliced breadddddddddddddddd.

price has nothing to do with requesting something that makes sense and probably will make the plugin better...

It isn't a problem when using the reverb in send/return, but it's a bit of a pain when you want to quickly add as an insert and always wanting to reach for the wet stereo width...

I won't be adding any new parameters to ValhallaVintageVerb, or to any of the released plugins. Once a plugin has been out for a while, it has been used in a LOT of DAW projects. Adding parameters to a plugin will end up screwing up some of these DAW projects. There is no defined way of handling parameters beyond the existing defined parameters in a plugin, so some DAWs add "invisible" parameters in there. In general, once a plugin is released and in wide use, it is too late to add parameters.

I should also note that ValhallaVintageVerb was designed to have as simple of a user interface as possible. This means that anything that could be done externally to VintageVerb (EQ, stereo manipulation, etc.), SHOULD be done externally, on a send.

Sean Costello

Return to “Valhalla DSP”