What's next

RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi Sean,

What do you have cooking over there for me to spend Fiddy bucks on next? I've run out of plugins I want to buy for once in my life and it's too weird. I'd love to see your take on a non delay based effect.

Anyway. Hope you're doing well.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I would love Valhalla Vintage Delay .

But if he comes out with something experimental it would also be great.
dedication to flying

Ah_Dziz: I'm doing well (and thanks for asking!). One thing that I have learned in the past several years: never announce a product until it is ready to release. Not "just about ready," as there can be a HUGE amount of work between "almost there" and "there." So, I'm going to keep things under wraps, until the products are ready to sell.

rod_zero: ValhallaVintageDelay isn't a bad name, BTW.

Sean Costello

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ontol wrote:just hint at us what it might be....
...oh and don't forget the 15 pages of iLok debate.
Really you should not mock that. With the amount of heat derived from such threads mankind has a ready source of cheap renewable energy for years to come.

To update an old saying "i-lok kraft? Ja, Danke".
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I like Valhalla room, modthing and vintage reverb thingy. Used daily here! :)

Glad to hear a vintage delay is next.

hahahaha
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

valhallasound wrote: ValhallaVintageDelay isn't a bad name, BTW.
Just a good thing it has that extra V :)

I like the Vintage Delay Idea , hopefully some classic stompbox delays will be included with creative preset names , ex. YouToo (u2) FinkLloyd (Pinkfloyd ) lolz ... How is the user account / web / migration going . I haven't received an email about mine yet ??

vintage delay next? That would be pretty awesome..

However what would be even more awesome would be an Zero latency chaining environment so you can use all of the valhalla plugins inside it and combine them into one big unit like a Eventide unit! Something with macro knobs so people can use it for live shows and what not too would be a must!

It would probably be too huge of a project, but i think it would probably make sense since Soundtoys is coming out with something similar for their effects.

This would be all kinds of sick, and it might increase the sales for Sean because you would have to own all of them in order to get the most out of it ;)

If you do this, then please make the Macro system similar to Massive with drop and drag targeting for mod sources!
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:vintage delay next? That would be pretty awesome..

However what would be even more awesome would be an Zero latency chaining environment so you can use all of the valhalla plugins inside it and combine them into one big unit like a Eventide unit! Something with macro knobs so people can use it for live shows and what not too would be a must!

It would probably be too huge of a project, but i think it would probably make sense since Soundtoys is coming out with something similar for their effects.

This would be all kinds of sick, and it might increase the sales for Sean because you would have to own all of them in order to get the most out of it ;)

If you do this, then please make the Macro system similar to Massive with drop and drag targeting for mod sources!
I've tried to get Sean on board with something like that before and it didn't sound promising, though the new Elemental Audio plugin seems right up that alley. I'd love to see a Valhalla Quadraverb style multi effects processor plugin though.

ValhallaNotTheNewProduct: https://soundcloud.com/seancostello/val ... gsomething

Looking forward to adding VNTNP to my collection of plug-ins :-)

LX_Nen wrote:ValhallaNotTheNewProduct: https://soundcloud.com/seancostello/val ... gsomething

Looking forward to adding VNTNP to my collection of plug-ins :-)
You'll have to wait for a while, because this is definitely not the next product. I don't know what IS the next product yet, but it definitely isn't this. :D

Corporate goals are cool and all, but they don't necessarily correspond to successful R&D. Sometimes, you have something that you want to create, but the research comes along very slowly. Other times, something comes together very quickly. Right now, I have several things in a partly completed state, and not all of them are moving smoothly. A few of them are progressing faster than I would have expected.

"Faster" is relative, of course. I spent most of 2013 and virtually all of 2014 working on updates to the existing plugins (AAX, some new algorithms) as well as website infrastructure. This is all completed now (except for putting the demos back up), but it's been over 2 years since my last new plugin was released. Not "fast" by any definition of the word, unless you are looking at geological time.

Sean Costello

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I'd love to see a Valhalla Quadraverb style multi effects processor plugin though.
This is a hard sell, in a world where you can buy a real Quadraverb for $50.

Seriously, if you are a fan of 90s electronic music, GO BUY A QUADRAVERB. NOW. There was an Aphex Twin interview a few months ago where he talked about his extensive use of the Quadraverb, but the interview was taken down. This is good for anyone who wants to buy a Quadraverb before the prices shoot up. The Quadraverb is noisy, and the LCD display can get dim, but at the current prices ($50 to $100 or so), you could buy 2 and have 1 as a spare.

Sean Costello

V0RT3X wrote:vintage delay next? That would be pretty awesome..

I get what you mean, and a modular effects plugin would be cool. It would also be super complicated, and get into realms I'm not really great at. I feel like I am good at creating individual modules, not the wrapper that holds them all. For now, I view the DAW as that wrapper, and am focusing on making things that are as atomic as possible. "Atomic" in the sense of "contains everything needed for that effect, and nothing more."

I'm trying to create sonic complexity and power, while making it not much harder to use than a stompbox. This makes the design more difficult than the "put in ALL THE PARAMETERS!" approach that I have used before (*cough cough ÜberMod cough cough*). A reverb, for example, could easily have 80 parameters, but I'd rather create one with 7 to 10 perfect parameters, where those parameters are powerful enough to cover the entire usable range of the 80 parameter product.

The SoundToys chaining environment is pretty cool. I saw the beta in action the other day. The GUIs just snap together nicely, with the "tweak" menus popping below the main GUI.

Sean Costello

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Elemental Audio
They're back in business ?

Point me to their website :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Valhalla DSP”