What's next

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although I think V0RT3X's idea is absolutely fabulous, considering the DAW environment and powerful CPUs we have today, I'm in no way opposed to the ValhallaVintageDelay idea. :)

But really, a Quadraverb like plugin... mmm :) Having a real Quadraverb is a PITA to use as you have to render your tracks through it if you want a "total recall" of some kind. It does sound good, though. I like dirt and noise. It's natural.

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

V0RT3X wrote:However what would be even more awesome would be an Zero latency chaining environment so you can use all of the valhalla plugins inside it and combine them into one big unit like a Eventide unit! Something with macro knobs so people can use it for live shows and what not too would be a must!
Hmm, sounds like Audiomulch running Valhalla plugins on a laptop with a controller box... :P

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Elemental Audio
They're back in business ?

Point me to their website :D
Meant to say Exponential Audio. Sorry.

valhallasound wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I'd love to see a Valhalla Quadraverb style multi effects processor plugin though.
This is a hard sell, in a world where you can buy a real Quadraverb for $50.

Seriously, if you are a fan of 90s electronic music, GO BUY A QUADRAVERB. NOW. There was an Aphex Twin interview a few months ago where he talked about his extensive use of the Quadraverb, but the interview was taken down. This is good for anyone who wants to buy a Quadraverb before the prices shoot up. The Quadraverb is noisy, and the LCD display can get dim, but at the current prices ($50 to $100 or so), you could buy 2 and have 1 as a spare.

Sean Costello
I have a Quadraverb GT either in my basement or my mom's attic, and I have no interest in bringing it out of retirement. But something similar in plugin form from Valhalla and I'd be all over it. Right now, the new Exponential Audio plugin or Reaktor seem closest, but I want something simple and easy. I think Valhalla could pull it off, hey maybe even a Valhalla and Audio Damage collaboration. I could see Chris Randall's UI design combined with Sean and Adam's algorithms as being a great marriage for something like this. We just need some resonator and ring mod algorithms....

Do you think your next product will be released this year? Also, do you plan to keep the same overall UI look? (hope so)

Nothing like simple ideas with a simple GUI.....

http://klevgrand.se/products/svep/

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Do you think your next product will be released this year? Also, do you plan to keep the same overall UI look? (hope so)
Yes to both. I can't say if this will hold true for all products, but I think that most of the upcoming plugins will look closest to VintageVerb:

- everything in one window (no tabs)
- controls arranged in logical sections
- simpler GUI in general

I won't be emulating the 1970s Winnebago color scheme of VintageVerb, of course. That stays with that plugin.

I love VintageVerb, and the colors.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the amazing Winnebago Man documentary (NSFW language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQQfBrSUs0
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:I love VintageVerb, and the colors.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the amazing Winnebago Man documentary (NSFW language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQQfBrSUs0
This may as well be hidden camera footage from Valhalla DSP HQ. Except I tend to work by myself most of the day, so there's no other dialog, other than occasional shouted profanities.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

valhallasound wrote:...most of the upcoming plugins...
Sounds like we have half a dozen coming Sean?

As long as it isn't another reverb, I'm in ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

lnikj wrote:
In the next several years, sure. I have 3 plugins I am actively working on, and several more in the planning stages.

deft_bonz wrote:As long as it isn't another reverb, I'm in ;)
I'm gonna do more reverbs in my career. At this point, I am a reverb developer. I have far too much of my brain dedicated to reverb algorithm development to give up on it, and I keep coming up with better ideas, as well as reverbs that don't fit within the existing categories I have released.

I have non-reverb plugins I am working on as well. It all depends what gets finished up first, and what fills market niches that aren't currently satisfied by my existing plugins and by the other plugins out there.

valhallasound wrote:
lnikj wrote:
In the next several years, sure. I have 3 plugins I am actively working on, and several more in the planning stages.
Great! :tu:

Return to “Valhalla DSP”