I've finally purchased all the Valhalla stuff

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for making awesome plugins, Sean!

That's all. I just wanted to say that to everyone. Keep calm and verb on! :D

well done. i should have done it long time ago. maybe next year :)

I’ve gotten Room, Vintage, and Plate, and promise myself that I will get Uber and Shimmer next paycheck, but then something else comes up first...but, yeah, I think I will get Uber (or is that Über?) and Shimmer next month. Uber is appealing to me because Sean has posted how to make full reverbs with it:

https://valhalladsp.com/2012/08/21/buil ... laubermod/

Shimmer seems to be a one trick pony — and, yes, I’m a big fan of Eno’s music, but Thursday Afternoon IMO is not as strong as “Music for Airports” or his best work “An Ending: Ascent”, but I’ll get it anyway, so that Sean has less incentive to stop making reverbs, becoming a Javascript web programmer so that he can feed his wife and progeny. I’ll also get Audio Damage Eos, but I’m sure less of the money from buying that one goes to Sean, so I’ll get it last. The nice thing about Eos is that is has the only Costello/Valhalla algorithms available with a “freeze/infinite” button.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have them all except Plate. I also have Eos. Which makes me wonder, do I really need Plate too? Probably will end up getting it anyway though :borg:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I have VVV and Ubermod... I consider them some of the best plugs I own! :)

Like with most plugs that have a bigger number of controls (more Ubermod here) , people might have "less than ideal settings" and may think that the plugin isn't good or something like that...
so that's something to keep in mind when testing plugs.

I especially learned where Ubermod sounds best when I tried to accurately emulate popular choruses like the TAL Chorus LX and Little MicroShift... setting choruses is an art :D ... I now understand why there is so much success with "one button" setting among the best.

Aaah ValhallaDSP :D ....

Earlier this year I first bought Room and UberMod. Then the VintageVerb bug bit me (Room is "cleaner", but VV just sounds so good!), so I got VV as well. Then I thought, "Do I need Shimmer and it was like ..... nah ..... until I tried it with my Korg M1 atmospheric patches (the next paycheck, I bought it).

Then plate cam out and I saw it like two weeks after it was released.

"Do I need it? Not really (even though I definitely decided it sounds nice)".

But then I plugged my guitar in and put it after Boogex and REAPER's amp sim ..... sweet mother of Jesus (bought it the same day)!

Nielzie wrote:I have them all except Plate. I also have Eos. Which makes me wonder, do I really need Plate too? Probably will end up getting it anyway though :borg:
Plate is amazing... it just so easy sounds incredibly good! :o :love:

I just got ÜberMod. Having multiple running at the same time makes some really fantastic reverbs (alternate link); it looks like it can do a whole lot of delay and modulation effects really nicely too; it would take me years to explore its full potential.

Next month, I will get shimmer. After that, I will get Audio Damage Eos.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

caulixtla wrote:I just got ÜberMod. Having multiple running at the same time makes some really fantastic reverbs (alternate link); it looks like it can do a whole lot of delay and modulation effects really nicely too; it would take me years to explore its full potential.
Multiple ubermods also does amazing chorus-type stuff. Even more amazing than one, which isn't that easy :)
caulixtla wrote:Next month, I will get shimmer. After that, I will get Audio Damage Eos.
Get shimmer, sure, but you don't need Eos. Not sure what you think it'll do that the Valhallas don't, other than sell for a little less. Sold mine, FWIW.
pdxindy wrote:
Nielzie wrote:Plate is amazing... it just so easy sounds incredibly good! :o :love:
^this.

I've recently acquired the last of the Valhalla plugs for myself as well. I couldn't be happier. :)

Keep up the great work Sean!

achievement unlocked!

I got Valhalla VintageVerb, Valhalla ÜberMod, Valhalla Plate and the free Freq Echo. Not sure if i also need Valhalla Room and Valhalla Shimmer.
Additionally esides a few others i also got the Lexicon MPX Native Reverb (very cheap at one of the sales last year).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:I got Valhalla VintageVerb, Valhalla ÜberMod, Valhalla Plate and the free Freq Echo. Not sure if i also need Valhalla Room and Valhalla Shimmer.
I wondered about VintageVerb and Shimmer, pretty much the same way.

VV is just a very good, versatile reverb plugin. Maybe I don't strictly need it (but in that case, I guess I don't "need" anything other than food shelter and warmth), but I do genuinely like it (quite a bit), so that was a good enough reason for me.

Shimmer just sounds very good with the Korg M1, so that was the reason I got that one.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”