Recommendation for drum reverb

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaPlate ValhallaRoom ValhallaVintageVerb

Hi guys, I want to buy one of the Valhalla plug-ins and need your recommendations which one I should get.

I'm a metal guy and need reverb mostly for drums. Stylewise it should be suited for everything from more mellow doom and gothic metal with Pink Floyd influences, atmospheric black metal to fast thrash and death metal.

The Vintage Verb seems to cover the atmospheric stuff, Valhalla Room the faster songs... and Plate could be an overall cool and versatile verb for drums.

What do you think?

Room should work nicely on drums. It's very clear and clean, and has a natural room sound, which afaic should work best on drums. Maybe Plate works too, i can't tell because i never tried it.

Plate

i agree about plate, it has strong potential of a huge palette of nuances of many kind for short reverbs,

perfect when using multiple instance for each part of drums, me thinks...

I use most of the time a plate eg. the ValhallaPlate for snare or hats.
For percussion sounds a small room eg. with VintageVerb can work better, IMO it sounds more naturally.

I finally decided to purchase VintageVerb. Though not my first choice initially I really love VVV for the "Drum Plate" preset. In comparison to Valhalla Plate I found VintageVerb more suitable for atmospheric rock/metal stuff because of its coloration that makes it cut through dense mixes better than the more "clean" sounding VP.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”