Frequency Shifter in SpaceMod?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any chance of getting the Frequency Shifter from FreqEcho added to the modes in SpaceMod? Often wish for a Frequency Shifter in SpaceMod without any of the longer delay stuff. Or wouldn't it make sense?

I can't add any modes to SpaceModulator. No mode slots left. Also, SpaceModulator wouldn't be a perfect match, parameter wise. "Depth" doesn't really make sense, with regards to frequency shifting.

Aside from that, can you explain a little more of what you had in mind? FreqEcho has frequency shifting, but there are more ideas to explore in that space.

Thanks Sean. Shame no space left on SpaceMod!

I like the sound of frequency shifter in FreqEcho, but I often find myself wanting just the frequency shifter, without the delay, and a bit more control. I usually end up using the one built into Audiomulch. It's very simple, mono, with just Shift (+ or -), and Wet/Dry controls, but it's fun to use a pair panned hard left/right with opposite shift amounts, e.g. +0.25Hz on the left and -0.25Hz n the right, or slightly offset the shifts. You can get some crazy panning/whooshing/chorus type effects. This is also the frequency shifter I use in the feedback paths of delays. I use Audiomulch mainly so it's very easy to set up your own feedback paths, just like in analogue. I used to have the Encore Electronics frequency shifter with my old modular, and that was always crazy fun to patch in the feedback path of the Blacet Time Machine BBD. Frequency Shifters and Pitch Shifters are insane in delay feedback paths, as I am sure you are aware, as just a little shift will let you crank up the feedback way higher before oscillation occurs, leading to some very deep and trippy sounds. Think Steve Hillage's 'Rainbow Dome Musick'. I feel there's definitely a need for a really good, versatile, high quality Frequency Shifter plugin! I have the OhmForce Hematopm one, which also has delay, but never really gelled with the sound or interface. Am sure you could do it much better!

In short, FreqEcho, without the echo, but a few more controls, maybe a dual Frequency Shifter, would be fab! And if not, no worries, I realise frequency shifters are not a priority for most people, but I think if people knew just how crazy they can be in feedback paths, more would use and love them, like me!

And OT, but just checked my Valhalla Account and Shimmer (Windows) and Plate are not available at the mo, any reason? Wanted to check if I have the latest versions of both.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”