Update?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any new version for Vaz Modular planned in the near future?

No.

:(

*cries out for 64-bit version*

EvilDragon wrote::(

:hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Martin, I would gladly pay the prize of a new Prophet 12 just to know that the saga of Vaz Modular will continue in the future! It's the most amazing soft synth ever made and I'm still speechless of the sounds it can create!

Please, I just want to know that I will be able to use it on my next computer....

Best regards,
Erik

Tjenare Kire!

A big +1 to your post. I recently tried Jbridge with Vaz Modular/Studio one but got cpu spikes like crazy! But with Renoise internal bridge it works like a charm. Vaz really got that special sound and i would hate to leave it behind. What other options do we got? None of the other modulars i've tried got that raw varm sound. Ofcourse we have Diva/imposcar which sounds fantastic but lacks the flexibility of vaz modular. And maybe Diva sounds more analog but in my opinion Vaz is close enough! I do respect Martins decision if he has moved on... But i keep holding my thumbs! :)

I would love a update as well and to just see Vaz Modular live on cause it is still one of the top sounding Native synths I've tried and own IMV. I truly only like Vaz and Tone2 (Gladiator and firebird) when it comes to Native synths and feel their sound compliments each other well. I don't own or want any other Native synths, and feel those 3 do all I need from them just fine. Vaz has a raw sound that's a nice detailed sound that really cuts threw. With a nice warm tone as well imo. It's amazing how often the older plugins like VAZ still sound better then the new stuff imo. 'New' very often does NOT equal better to me. I sold my copy of VAZ many years ago and recently decided to demo again and bought it again. The internet audio demo's and the VST demo rekindled an old flame and the love for it is now stronger than ever, I really appreciate it now. It was still a top Native synth in my eyes sound-wise and very flexible.

I bought VAZ Modular again recently knowing full well it may never get updated again but it was still worth it to me cause I also can enjoy things for what they are and learn to work around any issues. But would love to see another upgrade and I would be happy to pay the upgrade fee.

If possible it might be best for Martin to do for VAZ Modular what SonicCore/Creamware did for SCOPE's Modular, and that's open it up with a SDK so that others can develop modules, etc for it when he's not. SCOPE's Modular 4 is always being expanded even when S|C doesn't release anything new for it for awhile. Then Martin can primarily focus on the Underlying-Architecture when needed (drivers, 64bit, etc). But even without a new version of VAZ she's still a awesome and well loved tool here, wich i'll enjoy and treasure for what it is and can do now. My 2 cents.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

MadGav wrote:No.
In the far future then?

EvilDragon wrote::(

+1

Seems like no one is replying in this forum anymore. Anyone know if the product/company is still alive?

I'm reading the forum, currently using hobby time getting up to speed on C++/JUCE with something non-VAZ.

MadGav wrote:I'm reading the forum, currently using hobby time getting up to speed on C++/JUCE with something non-VAZ.
Exciting news Martin! :)

MadGav wrote:I'm reading the forum, currently using hobby time getting up to speed on C++/JUCE with something non-VAZ.
is this "something" a new instrument, perhaps??? :hyper:

Also, if you are abandoning VAZ, why can't somebody else takes over and make it 64 bit, improve it, etc?? I will just die like this? It seems that a lot of people is interested in a 64 bit, updated version

point.source wrote:Is this "something" a new instrument, perhaps??? :hyper:
No, not an instrument, and very specialized.

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”