How to Make Wavetables?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does VAZ interpolate between the waves when scanning the wavetable, PPG/Waldorf-style? I'm not sure, I've just scanned some wavetables and didn't get smooth transitions beetween them at all... am I missing something?

It doesn't interpolate waveforms, but that would certainly be a useful improvement.

Martin

Yes, it would! Thanks for noticing, I hope it would be implemented at a certain point! :)

EvilDragon wrote:Yes, it would! Thanks for noticing, I hope it would be implemented at a certain point! :)
+1 -- smooth "wavetabling" is always a good option!!! :D

(Even if ya sometimes DO want no interpolation... :wheee:)

i remember once loading up a drumloop then putting a region around the first eighth measure. if you load that into the vaz wavetable, you can scan through each 8th measure with the position modulation. it has limited use, but is an interesting experiment.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

Winstontaneous wrote:How do I go about making my own wavetables to use in the Wavetable oscillator?
I can import my own one-shot samples (and of course other peoples' premade scannable wavetables) but I'd love to roll my own.

I've searched here and Googled a bit but didn't find a clear answer.

As always, thanks to MadGav for continuing to develop this wonderful, inspiring instrument. Also thanks for getting this forum @ KVR & updating your site--looks like more folks are finding out about this beast!
ive been creating a lot of scannable wavetables for ensoniq asr10 samplers
using resynthesis of fm and am and sync and analog samples and making scannable data from them

in the asr10 you have the ability to make a maximum of 128 single cycles that can be scanned upto 100 jumps at a time

the vaz only has 64 slots like the ppg so i have adapted them for vaz

ive been sampling my extensive fm collection of hardware synths from dx72s to the tx81z and the sy99 i have created several scannable tables for you to try

ill post them to my free download rapidshare account links to follw

withdrwn
Last edited by yemski on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

withdrawn
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

If you want to spend some bucks check you Xfer Serum. There's a good Youtube vid on this.
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/serum-by-xfer-records

Also there's a cheaper program called Zero-X Seemless Looper that makes looping samples way too easy.
It might be free now and it works in Windows 8.1 on back to Win98.
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/ze ... ss_looper/

I'm going to have to take some time with the Galbanum Demo wavs and Zero-X to see what I can come up with. I've got an old Ensoniq SQ1+ that has transwaves which are single cycle wave tables. To use wave tables in VM3 would get intense. I'd also like to try them in TX16Wx as well.

Return to “VAZ Synths”