[solved] Modulating a CV value with another in VAZ Modular

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

this might sound embarrassingly simple, but I just can't figure out how to do it...

I want to take a CV signal (let's say, "Velocity" coming from the CV Converter) and modulate it using another CV signal (let's say an LFO). Kind of like "Modulated Value" but with a CV input instead of the fixed value slider. This would be a way to introduce some (random or controlled) deviation into parameters that otherwise would be fixed.

I've tried using some of the audio processing modules, but they're no help, as they only create positive output from positive input (and vice versa). So I'm not able to modulate a signal of, say, +0.3 within the range of -0.1 to +0.7 -- which of course is not surprising as they were made for a different purpose.

The reason I'm asking is my desire to go beyond the frequency modulation range of one octave. I would like to modulate an oscillator's frequency across a wider range, so my idea was to take the regular CV Note High signal and modulate it before it reaches the VCO's input. But, without a module like the one imagined above, that seems impossible ...but then again, what's impossible in VAZ? ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Bruno.
Last edited by schrompf on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have you tried the 'modulation expander' (in the routing section). I think that can do what your after.

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for ...I just didn't look for it in the right place; not expecting a modulation-related module in the Routing section (although that's the right place for it in this case).

Return to “VAZ Synths”