Top of your VazMod wish lists Easter 2011?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Please post the number one top item on your wish list for VazMod development!

Martin

MadGav wrote:Hi all,

Martin
a manual!

bluedad wrote:a manual!
Doesn't the help file cover that?

I'd love a pulse-driven gate sequencer module. I find the sequencer row at times a little awkward to work with, it'd be great to have an 8 or 16 step row of on/off buttons, like a single row of the Trigger Sequencer, but as a module, with clock in triggered on rising edge of the input signal.

shamann wrote:
bluedad wrote:a manual!
Doesn't the help file cover that?
No..and the last time I looked the tutorial wasn't even complete.
Maybe I need a 'Vaz for Idiots' book.
But really it's made somewhat in jest, I'd rather Gavin spend the time on the software and considering others input.

No offense....

Realistic Price

I picked up Komplete 7 for $399 (Guitar Center) and that includes Reaktor.

200 GBP is about $340 which makes no sense.

It's important to support the independent developer and I think I do my part, but again -- too much.

Sorry. :(

Hi Martin!

Nice to see that you continue making this monstersynth even better!

I would like to see a Yamaha CS80/GX-1 filter with highpass 12dB (cutoff&reso) and lowpass 12dB (cutoff&reso). They could share the same modulationroutings and have a global cutoff and reso for some nice bandpass-sweeps!

A big ribbon-controller would also be nice for expressive playing with a multitouch-screen or mouse.

Best regards,
Kire

Lofi bandwidth-decreases-with-rate delays a la BBDs and PT2399-based stuff (ie Bugbrand's PRC1 module and PT1 delay)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

a 12 2pole bandpass formant filter with inbuilt vca for each of the 12 filters
cutoff for each filter section and resonance for each with modulation controls for each filter section

would be nice with a visual of each band this way you could create emu morpheus type filters due to using the 12 bands to produce notches and hi pass and low pass and parametric values

i made 1 for a modular synth cost me £600 to build in parts and materials and it did not have graphic representation of the 12 bands it sounds great and by modulating each of the modulateble inputs can creat rythmic sequencies via frequency control

if you require a diagram i can build 1 from the modules already but having a single module to do all would be great

Astrin wrote:No offense....

Realistic Price

I agree.

id like to see a retrig on the grain oscillator (so it retriggers the 'frame' on input) - would allow for good reproduction of transients in tight timing without having to revert to tiny window sizes.

the glitch tekpo - would like to see it amped up to be able to record and play back up to 4 bars.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

interpolate between waves when scanning waves through the wavetable OSC
James Johnson
www.james-johnson.net

EvilDragon wrote:
Astrin wrote:No offense....

Realistic Price

I agree.

:phew: oh thank god i actually was dreading the response -- thought for sure i'd be flamed by the fans and the developer

MadGav wrote:Hi all,

Martin
Rework the song editor to make it usable.

Andreas

ASch wrote: Rework the song editor to make it usable.
And naturally, this feature could also find it's way into Vaz 2010, yes?
Bachmaninoff

Vaz 2010 development :wink: :)

Otherwise regarding Vazmod:

One output pr. mixer channel.

What i want the most:
Controller module designer: For making a frontpanel for a synth, to hide all the "tech" behind and make a good looking front with dedicated controller knobs.
I really think this would make me use Vazmod a lot more if i could easy see what i am controlling, filter, FM amont, LFO speed and so on...
When i recall an older Vazmod patch it's sometimes hard to tell what is going on, even that we allready can rename the modules.
This could allso kill the need for a more modern design for the modules and use some time making a nice functional controller designer.
As i see it, it could be an adjustable sized square with adjustable colour for the background or picture insert, a standard knob with naming, a standard slider and a standard button, wich off course all can be dedicated to any module modifier with +/- amount based on the the module sliders setpoint as zero.
It does not have to be fancy, just a simple way to make it easy for the eye and handling when you use a synth patch and not programming it.

Am i alone in the snow with this ?
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Return to “VAZ Synths”