Any plans for making VAZ Modular x64?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like the title says, are there any plans for making 64 bit versions of VAZ synths?
My SoundCloud
DAW: Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, GTX1070TI 8GB, Scarlett 2i2
Software: Win10, Cubase 10, Bitwig - Monitoring: Kali audio IN-8

I'd really, REALLY love that. We're in 2012, Martin, x64 starts to be necessary because bit-bridging is not an ideal solution always and for every DAW. :)

EvilDragon wrote:I'd really, REALLY love that. We're in 2012, Martin, x64 starts to be necessary because bit-bridging is not an ideal solution always and for every DAW. :)
Bit-bridging is never an ideal solution, especially when stability is essential. Hence why, like many other cubase users who switched to x64, I am forced to dismiss plugins that are not x64, as steinberg's bridge is terrible and increases cpu usage considerably, and jbridge is a temporary solution at best, and still far from the stability of native x64 plugins.
My SoundCloud

I'm using Reaper and its bit-bridge is excellent w.r.t. stability, but it's still not a nice feeling using it. Native x64 would go a long way for VAZ.

Have been thinking about this a little, would take time and a fairly pricy update of tools. I at least have a plan of what I need to do to make a plan ;)

I hope you manage it Martin. It's not a pressing need for me, but it seems a necessary step to keep Vaz abreast of the tech.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

As it's some time since the last reply, is there any update yet? Like the plan for the plan being completed? ;)

Personally I've long since gone all x64, and I must admit I've forgotten all about VAZ, and quite a few other plugins that still don't support x64. The way I see it, and this may be just me, but if a dev. won't support new technologies that make my life easier, I won't support the developer. Simple as that. Especially in this day and age, when there are good alternatives for pretty much all plugins in the x64 domain.
My SoundCloud

64 and mac at same time ! would be great :wink:

Here's where I miss 64-bit the most: I can't host those plugins inside VAZ! And most of my plugins are 64-bit nowadays... And yes, I don't really want to use jBridge...

Over one year on since the last post about this...any updates?

VAZ is dead business, perhaps...

No news on this?.. took the opportunity to get back into VAZ Modular with the recent Charity Auction, but didn't realize it wasn't x64.. bummer..
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

There won't be 64-bit version.

The auction prices paid were way under the ticket price at the point sales stopped, so I don't think you were hard done by in a general sense. More specifically please think about the value of the donation in itself, $40-50 will be a big deal to a child this winter!

Martin

MadGav wrote:There won't be 64-bit version.

The auction prices paid were way under the ticket price at the point sales stopped, so I don't think you were hard done by in a general sense. More specifically please think about the value of the donation in itself, $40-50 will be a big deal to a child this winter!

Martin
Hi Martin. Sorry, that came out the wrong way. Was more than happy to donate the money to a good cause, and also contributed with my products in the auction. Was just looking forward to work with Modular once again, but I'll look at jbridge for a solution then.

Cheers.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Return to “VAZ Synths”