piz midi plugins (windows/linux/mac)

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Optomadic wrote:Hey Piz,

I was wondering if you could make midiSimpleLFO.dll load as a VSTi. Some of your other plugins so this already.

If not too time consuming ofcourse.

Thanks again
no problem...
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiSimpleLFO_inst.zip

in the next release you can control how the plugins load, per-host or per-plugin.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Thanks ad infinitum!
stay juicy!

Hi Piz,

Just a quick update on my trials with 64-bit JOST in Linux. I can build it without difficulties, but there's probably something out of date in its JUCE implementation. I've contacted Lucio, but he's pretty busy with the Renoise project and can't help much.

Btw, I had no troubles building/using the latest pizmidi collection on my 32-bit boxes.

Alas, I'm swamped with work here and won't be able to get into the 64-bit builds for a while, but I'll try as I'm able and will send any relevant reports.

Thanks for the help so far. :)

Best,

dp

thanks for the update. now that i think about it, i wonder if it would work if jost was compiled with vst 2.4 instead of 2.3. one of the reasons for the 2.4 update was 64-bit compatibility, if i remember correctly.
wrongtastic, baby

Hiya,

Haven't posted here in a very long time but I still check in on regular basis.

Anyway...

I've purchased 2 17" ELO touchscreens with the idea of using them as giant x-y midi multi-pad controllers. I've been trying to find something that works as a VSTI and is not unnecessarily complex...I need something that is robust and allows me to program the MIDI CC parameters I require.

The best thing I've found is the Piz MidiPad. It is simple, but what it does it does very well.

There is no documentation, but from what I can figure, the pad sets are not configurable. You can drag and drop icons and change colors, but you cannot add, delete or reconfigure the pads within the setups. This would be fine if I could open up multiple instances, but if I open up more than one MidiPad...I get a Cubase crash.

Do I have any other options here?

I've tried the Usine and Audiomulch demos but given that I'm only looking for a touchscreen to MIDI app, they are not really the ticket. Tablet to MIDI works kinda'...but the Piz VSTI is much better in most ways.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Cheers,
arrangeit

here's a fresh build of midiPads...

http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiPads20090913.zip

i don't know if it will work any better. i don't have any problems with multiple instances here, but i only have Cubase LE. if it still crashes with this version, i'll have to dig deeper.
wrongtastic, baby

In the words of Inspector Clouseau...

SOLV----ED!

Simple but robust...it works perfectly on my touchscreens. Imagine the joy of a 10 inch X 10 inch X-Y pad for programing real time cutoff and resonance and another for envelope attack and release rates...I'm doing it with MidiPads...it's great!

Kudos for the ongoing support of a plug you wrote a few years ago...much good Karma for you.

May I offer a PAYPAL donation???

Best Regards,
arrangeit

thanks for the report! good to hear that it works.

paypal donations are welcome; there's a button in the first post of this thread.
wrongtastic, baby

Done...

...and once again many thanks...

arrangeit

Hello again,

I'm back with another request...sorta Zombie like I guess...'Night of the Living VST Midi Utility'...

In short Midipads is perfect for what I'm doing, but if you could configure a setup as shown below (admittedly customized for my needs)...it would not only be greatly appreciated, but I would offer you an appropriate donation. Just let me know what you would consider to be fair for your valuable time.

I'm looking for a setup with 2 pads stacked on the left of the window and 2 rows of vertical sliders to the immediate right with 5 (or 6) sliders in each row. Thw formatting is screwy, but see if the following makes sense:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---XXX---XXX---XXX--XXX---XXX

I will understand if you're bored of updating Midipads, but I'm not expecting you go unrewarded for the effort. If my request is not worth implementing, I will very gratefully accept Midipads as it stands now, because as mentioned...it works beautifully with my touchscreens and I'm not one to 'look a gift horse in the mouth' :D :D :D

Cheers,
arrangeit

insertpizhere wrote:

I was wondering if you could make midiSimpleLFO.dll load as a VSTi. Some of your other plugins so this already.

Thanks again
no problem...

in the next release you can control how the plugins load, per-host or per-plugin.
Any chance you could you do the same for the Mac build? :)

I'd like to use it in Kore, but it doesn't seem to like anything other than VSTi's.

arrangeit wrote:I'm looking for a setup with 2 pads stacked on the left of the window and 2 rows of vertical sliders to the immediate right with 5 (or 6) sliders in each row. Thw formatting is screwy, but see if the following makes sense:

i think this is what you meant:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiPads20090920.zip

i also fixed some other bugs.

it's pretty easy for me to add different configurations... in fact, if anyone wants more added, download "the Jucer" from here: http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/download.php
and use it to edit this:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiPadsTemplate.zip

move the buttons, resize them, delete some, add some (up to 64). save the file and send it to me.
wrongtastic, baby

stephenbaishya wrote:
insertpizhere wrote:

Thanks again
no problem...

Any chance you could you do the same for the Mac build? :)

I'd like to use it in Kore, but it doesn't seem to like anything other than VSTi's.
sure, i'll do this next time i'm on my mac.
wrongtastic, baby

this one should work right in Kore.

http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiSimpleLFO.vst.zip
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:this one should work right in Kore.
Hmm, still doesn't work, no idea why. Rather than loading properly and showing the little "plug" icon, it just shows a question mark.

Does anyone else here use Kore on a Mac and have this working?

Return to “Insert Piz Here”