midiconverter3: channel pressure to cc

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey there, how come I'm having trouble converting channel pressure to a cc value? I could only convert it to cc 1, mod wheel.

Am i doing something wrong? Or does the plugin lack that feature?

thanks for any help

"Out Param 1" should set the CC number of the output. it's working for me here, but could be an older bug... are you using the windows, mac, or linux version?
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Windows version. I just tested it again, I'm not sure that it's a problem with your plugin, but maybe with host software. I've used several daws and always had problems assigning aftertouch to cc values.

For example, I've just tested with native instruments B4 plugin. It works if I assign it one of the CCs that the plugin natively recognises. CC 73, for example.

But if I assign a cc manually to a parameter, using my host Reaper, the data isn't recognised, it doesn't work.

I thought it was related to the way the host connects with midi hardware, for example maybe it tried to receive the data directly from the hardware and bypassed your plugin. But that probably isn't the case, because i'm using bome's midi translator to input the data through a virtual midi port, loopbe. So it isn't that case. What is it, then?

thanks

pingo.mister wrote:I thought it was related to the way the host connects with midi hardware, for example maybe it tried to receive the data directly from the hardware and bypassed your plugin. But that probably isn't the case, because i'm using bome's midi translator to input the data through a virtual midi port, loopbe. So it isn't that case. What is it, then?
for midi control, Reaper gets the midi directly from the input port (loopbe in this case), so any midi processing you do within Reaper won't be used for its midi learn system. i think that's the problem here...

maybe i'm missing something, but can't you use Bome's midi translator to change the channel pressure to a CC?
wrongtastic, baby

Sure I could, but I wanted to get rid of midi translation external utilities and virtual midi ports, I very little need for that except for channel pressure and not much more.

So no obvious solution to accomplish the convertion here? Better ask the reaper guys for some ideas. Thanks anyway and please share if you have any more thoughts about this.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Solved the problem, but with another vst extension for reaper: miditoreacontrolpath, which routes midi messages generated in tracks back to reaper's control path.

With this, plus your plugin, I can convert channel pressure to a cc number, first, and then route it back to reaper control path, to be recognized as midi control. So I can assign channel pressure to anything I want, basically.

Bit tricky but it works. Thanks anyway, for the help and for the most excellent set of midi utilities you've created. See ya

extension for reaper in the following link, there are probably other ways in other daws to accomplish the same
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43741 (http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43741)

(edit: nevermind, missed your last reply)

to (sort of) do it all within reaper, you could have one track doing the conversion and sending it to a virtual midi port, which would be received by other tracks.

otherwise, i would say you should request that channel pressure be added as a midi control source in reaper.
wrongtastic, baby

Return to “Insert Piz Here”