Does midiKeyboard use pizmidi.ini?

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does the midiKeyboard plugin utilize the settings in the pizmidi.ini file?

I ask because I would like to try forcing it to be an "effect" rather than an "instrument" when I use it in SONAR.

And if it does, would my host= line be host=SONAR?

Thanks,
Tom

i couldn't remember if it used pizmidi.ini or not so i compiled a fresh version and uploaded it.

http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiKeyboard.zip

if you want to be sure of what to put for "host=" one way to find out is to load this:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiPolyphony_debug.zip
and use what it says for "host product."

let me know if you have any problems...
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Thanks. I think it worked ... but I guess it's not really what I wanted ("It does what I asked for, but not what I wanted" :-) )

What I want is to be able to use midiKeyboard in TWO ways:

1) To have the midiKeyboard play an instrument as I mouse clicks/drag on its keys. It does that fine currently.

But I'd also like:

2) To have midiKeyboard act as an MFX (Midi FX) that would just display the notes it's receiving.

This would be useful in a number of ways:

a) an easy-to-see display of midi notes in an existing track (e.g. help me see what chord the track is playing).

b) see which notes I was hitting on a midi controller (e.g. is that a C3 or a C2).

So, I guess what I'm asking for is an additional version of midiKeyboard that could run as an MFX.

(For extra credit, the MFX version could also display pitch and modulation wheels!)

Thanks so much.

ah, i see. in that case i would need to write an MFX wrapper for JUCE, which would be good to have anyway... i downloaded the sdk but i have no idea when i will actually have time to do it.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

I understand. Well, put me on the "wish list".

Thanks, Tom

Return to “Insert Piz Here”