AudioToCC

Official support for: thepiz.org
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes, looks like the tap tempo function of Reaper is way too sensitive. seems to use just the last two taps with no averaging or anything...
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

small update, i moved the threshold control to align with the peak meters.

http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/AudioToCC.zip
wrongtastic, baby

Thank you

this is great!

i could use a major boost to the gain so low volumes can send higher cc's than they are now.

like 4x as much even.

no problem... gain knobs go up to 30dB now. i also enabled double-click on the knobs to return them to 0.

same link:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/AudioToCC.zip
wrongtastic, baby

fantastic!

just a touch more wouldnt hurt for what i'm doing but as it is its working perfectly on v-machine and has enough response and range to trigger the fretted synth wah wah im using just right from my tenor sax.

sounds quite like a sax thru a crybaby and then i also have gsnap and echolive and omniverb and endorphin goin on so its very much fun.

thanks a lot for this. the other one i was usin was automidi from fretted synth and it didnt have the range so i had to put another plug in front of it to boost and you dont get that many slots per channel on v-machine so this makes things way better.

Crashes Ableton Live with no mercy.

fliffo wrote:I've been testing this plugin for a while under Ableton Live 8.2.1 (latest) and Windows 7.
The plugin is rock-stable, no crashes or glitches at all here, but I experienced something strange i want to share:
I tested AudiotoCC feeding it with really simple material: a 4/4 drumloop @ 120 bpm with just 4 *identical* kickdrums on the quarter-beats, and I recorded 8 bars of it with both audio and the automation curve obtained from the movements of a fader being automated by the plugin output.
What I noticed:
1) While recording, the automation curve was ever changing... I mean, the plugin listens always to the same kick, so it should output always the same sequence of CC values... or at least with minor variations...instead I noticed great variations while the audio material was just the same.
2) I also experienced a variable and random lag in the plugin response: sometimes the plugin reacts fast to the kick, outputting a peak CC value just a few ms after the kick attack... sometimes it reacts slowly (50 - 60 ms) and in an unpredictable manner.

I don't know if this is an host issue or a plugin issue.
With the graphic resolution available in your image - the kicks don't "look" to be identical. Probably simply the image aliasing, but if the kick waveforms aren't identical, meaning hit one midi trigger note on/off and loop that, is it possible that whatever drum synth you are using randomizes the waveform playback a bit?

Another possibility, the plugin is using Root Mean Square, but perhaps the averaging time 'window' has some sensitivity as to how it outputs CC. I don't see a 'window' function for how many samples the averaging time uses. There's also the intertia control, which likely affects following CC output, based on both the RMS as well as the 'weight' of past calculated CC values.

Does it ever 'settle in'?

It might be more appropriate more continuous than impulsive control. I'm curious. I might run the same experiment here to see what I get.

-Scott

Hello,

I have recently been acquainted with these great MIDI plugins, and found a few that might suit my needs nicely! I haven't had an issue with any of them except the AudioToCC plug in. Hopefully someone can help.

I am running Pro Tools 10, and wrapping my VST plugins with FXpansions VST to RTAS v.2.11. One interesting thing I have noticed using this setup, is that each of the MIDI plugins requires 'CanMono' switched to yes in FXpansion in order for the plugins to even be available in Pro Tools. This 'CanMono' column reports whether a plug-in can operate in mono. If a mono to stereo or stereo to stereo plug-in can operate in mono, it will also appear as a mono plug-in in Pro Tools.

When I load the plug in, it appears to be functioning properly until I choose a Midi Out Device. I receive the error Access violation at address 08771D83 in module AudioToCC.dll'. Read of address 00000000. Then Pro Tools crashes and I need to restart my computer. I've gotten the same results with Pro Tools 10 on both 32 and 64 bit machines. I hope to get this working, and hope it's not necessarily an issue with having to 'wrap' my VST's. :pray:

A way to narrow down more might be to use BlueCatAudio's Patchwork.
They have RTAS versions as well as AAX and anything you need and may be used to wrap VSTs.

They have effect and synths versions.

They are working on the problem, apparently it's pretty common... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p5702840

Return to “Insert Piz Here”