midi chorder note mapper

Official support for: thepiz.org
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So there is always added "0" to the chord?
Defined -12 3 7 ,but it's loaded as -12 0 3 7.
It's the same in the User.txt and if using mappings.

Thanks, fixed now in version 1.0.10.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

hi Piz

midiChords visually freezes the Reaper
normally there is no problem
but if i want to automate ( with track envelope ) Transpose of midChords
and if the midichords plugin window open, Reaper freezing visually (plugin window not freezing)
when i close the plugin window reaper turns back to normal

W7 64bit
Reaper 4 (64bit)
midiChords 1.0.11 (64bit)

Thanks, will be fixed in the next version (Trying to get the guitar neck usable enough before releasing it).
wrongtastic, baby

New version with guitar view is up, see this post in the Instruments forum.
wrongtastic, baby

It would be neat to be able to slide the chord up or down by one note. Perhaps holding down shift and touching a key on the chord keyboard would slide the chord to start with that key.
miedex

How about a readout box for the trigger note keyboard that shows you what chord you are inputting live on the keyboard so this plugin could double as a simple chord readout.
miedex

i'm mad at myself for not having loaded this up and messed with it yet but its been hectic.

but today found out we're doin "party rock" at next weekends gig so i gotta map up some synth harmonies and that reminded me.

i read midichords can import harmony maps from cubase/nuendo's chorder and i was wondering if after having imported them and edited them , perhaps to globally change input/output key, you could then export them back into the presets for chorder and use them in nuendo/cubase.

that would really help me since im locked into having to use chorder because of how nuendo/cubase are routed.

thanks!!!!

sadly i couldnt get it to load into v-machine, it just hangs.

ill probably mess around with it in reaper.

well well well....

i could easily do 3 pages of gushing here but ill try and keep it short and to the point.

with chorder and nuendo id gotten used to the fact that occasionally theres voice stealing and dropped notes doing harmonies from the windsynth and id worked hard at learning when you have to tongue notes to get them all to sound and special soft legato tonguing to sound as much like slurring as possible when slurring wont work.

all sorts of extra crap to try and workaround a problem i thought id never get around fully.

so, heh, i finally sit down to test midichords and im using reaper and i dont know who to blame or credit here but with reaper and midichords everything is perfect, all the time.

and it made me decide to switch over to reaper and midichords for live, which is a huge deal. i have to convert the whole nuendo setup ive been building for like 4 years, using like a hundred chorders for various songs.

so i figured id wait till i was at least halfway thru that to post this, and now i am.

everything sounds so much better and so much more musical and i love being able to freely slur and have all the voices move perfectly just as i want them.

and im so grateful for the nuendo chorder map import, id still go thru with this if it wasnt there but itd take so much longer. as it is i hope to maybe take this on fridays gig, if not that one then the next one after. theres no going back now.

so, this jurys verdict is midichorder rocks all the way, perfect score. thank you so mcuh.

and now that im in reaper ive been able to use midipbcurve which is also awesome for windsynth use.

great software piz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :love:

im noticing loading in lots and lots of midichords and pbcurve instances is maxing out my memory, any way to optimise it?

edit: i notice deleting 10 midichords from my project freed up 4 megs.

midipbcurve seems to take a bit less.

it takes quite awhile to load the project with so many midichords and midipbcurves loaded, something like 5 minutes.

i hope insertpizhere is ok, hes been gone for a bit now...

Piz, would you consider doing a Mac OSX version of this plugin? There are a lot of Mac users who'd love this.

I was almost done with an update for this (I think???) but got too busy with other stuff...

More news coming "soon."
wrongtastic, baby

color me overreaction. very very very glad youre ok.

my live rig has sorted itself pretty much now, im using something like 4 midiPBcurves and a dozen or so midichords. i run them as dedicated processes on the properties in the fx window and that seemed to clear up all the issues i was having. i probably only needed to do that because the setup takes so much ram anyways. now it loads in a minute or so which was comparable to my nuendo setup and i have more ram leftover once its loaded.

i made a bank of 10 midichords tracks that i route to and they route to the 10 vsti's i use and ive been using your midiprogramchange on the "preset" tracks to set them all to the right maps. works great.

one thing about midi program change is that i use it to trigger off for instance program 46 when i hit the top one of the 2 unused keys on my yamaha wx5 windsynth. i set the plugin program change number to 46 on the top. this works great.

what id like is to then be able to use the other key to increment program change to 47-48-49 etc etc, which ive also been able to do no problem..

..the thing is then id like to be able to hit that top key and have it return me to 46 again. it seems to just retrigger whatever ive incremented to...

also i was thinking of maybe the possibility for a "rotate" mode in midichords:

http://www.ewilogic.com/shop/harmonic-xpander-v1-0/

http://www.ewilogic.com/shop/logic-xpan ... v1-0-lite/

again, im glad youre doin ok. phew.

btw midiPBcurve is awesome at making the wx5 behave like a trumpet. deep thanks for that plugin!!!

Return to “Insert Piz Here”