XT2 transport control

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Piz,

should the 'XT2 transport control' work with newer versions of XT2 (e.g. latest beta 2.6?).
I dragged it to the modular view an set up a note to trigger the play button (I tried with different ones, e.g. C1, C2, C5) - then - when I pressed this button on my keyboard - XT2 crashed here every time?

Thanks,
Patrik

ZonderP wrote:Hi Piz,

should the 'XT2 transport control' work with newer versions of XT2 (e.g. latest beta 2.6?).
I dragged it to the modular view an set up a note to trigger the play button (I tried with different ones, e.g. C1, C2, C5) - then - when I pressed this button on my keyboard - XT2 crashed here every time?

Thanks,
Patrik
fixed:
http://thepiz.org/xt/XT2transport.zip
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Wow, this one was fast again!

Thanks Piz!

No chance to check it out right now, but will do as soon a possible and report back!

Hi Piz,

the new version doesn't crash XT2 anymore, but I do not manage to trigger the Record button.
Play, Stop, Rewind work, but Record seems to be broken.
Also I noticed, that - when working with Notes instead of CCs - there seems to be a strange matching of parameter values to notes. E.g. 'E' and 'A' are missing...?

Thanks,
Patrik

record is fixed now. i forgot that the default shortcut for record changed from "*" to "R".

the missing note values are due to the low resolution of XT2's parameter sliders. the best thing for me to do would be to add midi learn...

[edit:]
added midi learn. set slider to 0 and send a note.
http://thepiz.org/xt/XT2transport.zip
wrongtastic, baby

Great work, Piz!

Works like a charm now.

Many thousand thanks,
Patrik

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

the source is now at google code with the other pizmidi stuff. in linux i never figured out how to send the fake keystrokes directly to a particular window, so energyXT has to be on top for it to work, like with midi2qwerty.
wrongtastic, baby

Return to “Insert Piz Here”