piz wish: basic sampler

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking through the KVR plugin database it has been a really long time since anyone released a basic utility sampler, almost everything available is either really big/complex or obsolete.

There is a void for a simple sampler with basic easy to use features like:

start/end position
volume/pitch envelope
trigger modes: transpose or gate/root
Last edited by miedex on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
miedex

Studio One has a basic but useful sampler.

Other, easy to use 3rd party samplers I can think of: Directwave, Short Circuit
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:Studio One has a basic but useful sampler.

Multi-samplers fall into the category of fiddly and complicated (though useful) I'm talking about an ultra lightweight "so easy a toddler could use it" kind of trimmed down sampler.
miedex

I dont know if such sampler exist? Another suggestion: Not a sampler but the easiest sample based DAW: Renoise (does VST as well).
Cowbells!

I don't think that such a sampler is currently being developed by anyone or has been released in ages, which is why I suggest it to the piz.
miedex

ReaSamplomatic

Image[/img]
i am vocal about my opinions of the performance and ethics of developers and software companies

Venerable spacedad made a sampler for toddlers. So there.

"deleted"

Something like ReaSamplomatic fits the bill though the interface kind of isn't very fun to stare at and its not a VST. I actually like it quite a bit and its a shame that it didn't make it into the ReaPlugs.
miedex

Not really my thing these days... I did make a sampler once in SynthEdit, many years ago. I basically wanted a simplified version of Reaktor's GrainStates with a midi-controllable record button.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Hi,

A lot of people share the OP's view. AudioSpillage are working on a basic drum sampler/machine instrument. It also includes drum synthesis so might be overkill for you.

http://www.audiospillage.com/minispilla ... chine.html

Regards,
AudioSpillage

Sorry I didn't realise this was a company forum! Maybe someone can delete my previous post..
Apologies!
AudioSpillage

miedex wrote:
dalor wrote:Studio One has a basic but useful sampler.

Multi-samplers fall into the category of fiddly and complicated (though useful) I'm talking about an ultra lightweight "so easy a toddler could use it" kind of trimmed down sampler.
Try this one. It's simple, flexible, and looks nice:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/3s_by_manytone_music

--Sean

Its no longer available on the website and its missing the features I was pointing out. If piz isn't interested lets let this one drop.
miedex

Return to “Insert Piz Here”