Midi-triggered programmed midi sequences based on note/midi channel, does it exist?

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kirnu Cream is actually very awesome for this exact thing. I'll stick with that.
old post wrote:Hey peoples, I'm looking for a midi plugin where I can trigger simple midi sequences, where I can program a different midi sequence per midi channel, for example:

I have a neat midi sequence going on in my sequencer. That's all dandy and good, except that I want it to be even more neat! So here's what I would like to do:

I set one midi note/event within my dandy sequencer to send to channel 2. I set another note to send to channel 3. Hmm, maybe I'll set yet another note somewhere to send to channel 4. Now I need a midi plugin to interpret this and spit out something cool.

I program by hand a midi sequence that I want the midi plugin to spit out whenever it recieves a channel 2 note. There's a different sequence for channel 3 and 4 as well.

The midi sequence is always centered around the note it recieves. I can make this note play 1/32 versions of itself when it goes to channel 2. Maybe I want a little arp to play when it receives channel 3, and maybe a polyrhythmic thing on channel 4.

Am I describing midiLoop? Can midiLoop take a note and just spit out whatever it's programmed to play centered on the note received and have a different sequence per channel?

Return to “Insert Piz Here”