Anybody that has owned a HG VST show your support. Tell me why you like it

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Tiger, Ultra Swamp and Percumat2 are my favorites. ST 21 and Protoplasm good also.

The HG Fortune synths are wonderful, and dirt cheap. I'm buying all of them. I feel like a dummy because I know I've tried some of his demos in the past but never got around to taking a good close look at them. And his demo/free versions are great in their own right. I've bought a lot of quality vst's over the years including Komplete, Zebra2, lots of Cakewalk and FL stuff, etc. But these vst's have a completely different character and will sit along side the others nicely. I'm dusting off a big space in my daw for these wonderful HG Fortune instruments.

Just recently bought the 'BackList' Bundle. Serenity Pro being my favorite of them. It especially backs up the AAS synths VS1 & Chromaphone. So they 'play well with others' too. I've downloaded quite a few of the freebies too and especially like STS-26Pro and STS-33Free too. Along with Avatar, these have plenty of solid sounds. The Swamps; Scapes and Dream Machine3Free plugins add some nice textures.

Have not been able to get Tiger and AstralDreamer to install correctly and they have caused crashes and obnoxious clippings through monitors just trying to load them.
Hoping for their continued future into the realms of x64!

BBFG# wrote:Hoping for their continued future into the realms of x64!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHY DO I CRY??

Because H.G.H. has posted recently that he gave up development for all his Synthedit synths completely and that he will look for a completely different program language for the next projects!

It's sad because his Synthedit synths still are one of the bests of the world!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Hoping for their continued future into the realms of x64!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHY DO I CRY??

Because H.G.H. has posted recently that he gave up development for all his Synthedit synths completely and that he will look for a completely different program language for the next projects!

It's sad because his Synthedit synths still are one of the bests of the world!
My hope is for the new language to make it even better!

HGF synths were first I ever bought. Since then I've purchased many popular and powerful instruments, like Absynth, Reaktor, Padshop Pro, Iris, Alchemy...

But even with such workshop there is something special in HGF synths, which makes me always return to them. Maybe it is fact that having dozens of various synthesizers, I found no other with sound even remotely similar to this unique of HGF ones. And they are apparently fruits of passion, not simply "products", and they give to composer vast freedom of experimentation.
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

HGF synths have a unique character and I can always find a place in my soundscape/cinematic/experimental tunes for one! :D

Loving on Astral Dreamer Pro lately.. a perfect match for my spacey Alchemy patches.

I can't wait to see what he'll do next! :love: :hyper:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Not really sure why I'm a sucker for these synths. But even if they give me stability issues, I refuse to give up on them. Really hoping he gets into the 64b arena soon!

And yeah, I second that thought about them really having a unique character!

I think for me, I was looking for VSTi synths to use for a concept album I'm working on (Revelation:Armageddon). I needed something that would give an eerie feel, and in some of the songs, would have to get as frightening as possible.

My search was over as soon as I found Astral Dreamer. Literally, I downloaded EVERY free demo, and everything that was free. I've used HG Fortune synths on almost every song I've done in the last two weeks, as I can always find something I can use for the right feel. Trance music? no problem. Industrial? no prob. Heavy Metal/Neoclassical metal? Absolutely.

It's at a point now where I go straight to all my HG Fortune synths first, before trying anything else.

I've already made some of my own tones with a fair amount of ease.
I think to sum it up, it's the ethereal sounds. And of course, there's more than a handful of Sweeps, filter & S&H tones that are what I'm looking for right when I need them.

If my budget ever makes room for purchasing any full versions, I will most definitely pick up Astral Dreamer and the rest.

Quick reply - your synths have personality

HG Fortune's synth's each have a character that is all their own, sound like nothing else that I have heard of or messed around with. Simply put, they are unique and inspiring and offer many "other worldly" sounds. Some of my most favorite synths in my collection. I just love loading any of them, then routing the output from MIDI Guitar to them and just jam. By doing this, it's almost like playing guitar with a backing track the reacts to my playing, verses me reacting/playing to the backing track. If my creativity gets a little blocked, then a quick play with the above setup just seems to get things flowing again. I have most of the pro versions of HG Fortune's synth's, currently only lacking the pro version of The Tiger. But I hope to change that very soon!

I highly recommend his synth's to anyone that enjoys creating ambient, chillout or anything progressive. You may spend more money on some other synth's, but in my opinion HG Fortune's synth's are very hard to beat for the price he asks. Personally I would have to call each and every one a masterpiece in it's own right.
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

Many things but his creativity and sharing philosophy certainly are unique and opens the possibilities of creating electronic music to so many. His NFG section of commercial synths now made freely available is an impressive arsenal of instruments in the own right.

I haved purchased most of his synths since ST-21.

Favorites of late are the Tiger, Ultra Swamp Pro, Serenity, and Percumat 2 which i like more and more.

Never had any problems using several versions of Samplitude and Reaper
Both 32 bit and 64 bit.

Should be in everyone's vst collection.

-easy access to Algorithmic chaos for composition and sound design-

-Early 80s-esque sounds :phones: - great for industrial soundscapes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... cD_sfphX-Q

-I no longer use a PC in my music- all iPad and a little modular hardware- I miss my H G Fortune synths! I hope SE and HG will make something for the iPad soon! :pray: :tu: :hug:

Return to “HG Fortune”