feature request tiger pro. slider knobs please.

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi hg, i really like tiger pro but these rotary knobs are hard for me to turn. im not sure rotary knobs are best for such a complex synth.

oh, i get it now. i thought you could just drag up and down on the knobs but when i did that the knobs would move all weird. turns out, you have to select a knob twice (anybody that has this issue) click knob, then move up, click knob again, move down. seems like the knobs function as both sliders and rotary. to use slider, you must be in the middle, and i mean the absolute middle.

its not necessary to click the knob twice though, as long as your directly in the middle, the knob will function as a slider. to use rotary, drag in a circular motion. imo, this is horrid ergonomics. i hate it. i have no idea why the knobs work this way. i don't think ill be buying any more hg synths because of this. its just a programming nightmare. which is a real shame because the hg synths are just so awesome.

AstralExistence wrote:oh, i get it now. i thought you could just drag up and down on the knobs but when i did that the knobs would move all weird. turns out, you have to select a knob twice (anybody that has this issue) click knob, then move up, click knob again, move down. seems like the knobs function as both sliders and rotary. to use slider, you must be in the middle, and i mean the absolute middle.

its not necessary to click the knob twice though, as long as your directly in the middle, the knob will function as a slider. to use rotary, drag in a circular motion. imo, this is horrid ergonomics. i hate it. i have no idea why the knobs work this way. i don't think ill be buying any more hg synths because of this. its just a programming nightmare. which is a real shame because the hg synths are just so awesome.
hmmm, I don't know what's the problem, here any knob works just fine: pointing mouse somewhere in the middle area of a knob, click and hold, then move up & down to change. So basically quite similar to a slider movement.

HG

yes but, its far to precise. you have to be in the almost absolute middle and most peoples hands drift to the left or right when moving up and down. i have a 44 dollar logitech wireless lazer mouse and still i cant be that precise! sometimes i can, but usually my hand drifts to the left and right making the knobs freeze or move the in the exact opposite way i want them to move. its just awful.

if you really want to give users both a rotary and slider option why not create two versions of the synth shouldn't be too hard as it just a small parameter change in synthedit. i have no idea why you choose to make the knobs move like this. there's a reason why its never been done before because it just doesn't work.

Return to “HG Fortune”