Scapes Wizard 2 SF2

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

I'm having fun using the Scapes Wizard 2 program but am having difficulty understanding how to save the samples that are already included (for safety so I don't overwrite them) and how to load new ones. I can see how I can load an sf2 file but am not sure where to go from there. I've got Viena so I suspect this is half the battle.

Regards

Stephen Gray

stephen_gray98 wrote:Hello.

I'm having fun using the Scapes Wizard 2 program but am having difficulty understanding how to save the samples that are already included (for safety so I don't overwrite them) and how to load new ones. I can see how I can load an sf2 file but am not sure where to go from there. I've got Viena so I suspect this is half the battle.

Regards

Stephen Gray
As general rule sf2 filenames are stored with an fxp / fxb thus loading an fxp with different sf2 filenames will have these files for the whole bank (fxb).

also:
Loading patchbanks and sf2 is not found (also general hint to place additional sf2 files)

- make sure you have the sf2 file;
- an sf2 file's basic location (where the plugin will look first) is the subfolder where all sem/sep files of the plugin are stored - so you might put the sf2 file there;
- another solution might be to put a bunch of sf2 files to a special dedicated folder;
- then simply load the sf2 file/s into the resp. slots AND save the patchbank so this new location will be stored!

hth
HG

I am afraid I am way behind the curve and am using what might be the original Scapes Wizard mini which, apparently, is no longer offered. Also, I am a visual artist, not a musician or VST afficiando. But I think Scapes Wizard is great and have created a number of pieces using it that will at some point accompany my visuals on Youtube. The problem is that I can find no way to load SF2s or understand how to use them. I did load (I think) ScapeWizInside.fxp but didn't understand how to use it either. Needless to say, I am also concerned that my fumbling around may mess up the working setup I have by default. Sorry to be such an amateur. Can you point me to any kind of step-by-step instructions?

Return to “HG Fortune”