And then they all suddenly died.

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After spending quite a bit of time getting a dozen of the HGF VI's working in my DAW, they all suddenly stopped working. After restarting the DAW, Each one came up with a .dll failure and wouldn no longer load.

What could have happened?

BBFG# wrote:After spending quite a bit of time getting a dozen of the HGF VI's working in my DAW, they all suddenly stopped working. After restarting the DAW, Each one came up with a .dll failure and wouldn no longer load.

What is the DAW / Host, the OS, RAM size ?

That's a really bizarre thing.
How old is the harddisk? As this looks very much like bad sector errors of the HD.

Please check your harddisk for errors.
Then test each plugin in a simple host like e.g. VSTHost.

Fortune wrote:
BBFG# wrote:After spending quite a bit of time getting a dozen of the HGF VI's working in my DAW, they all suddenly stopped working. After restarting the DAW, Each one came up with a .dll failure and wouldn no longer load.

What is the DAW / Host, the OS, RAM size ?

That's a really bizarre thing.
How old is the harddisk? As this looks very much like bad sector errors of the HD.

Please check your harddisk for errors.
Then test each plugin in a simple host like e.g. VSTHost.
Hard disks - 3. 1st (Seagate) is 9 months, second (WD) is six months and third (WD) is four months old. I've tried it on all three of them. Testing shows no errors on any drives.
DAW: Sonar X2a
RAM: 32GB for 1st CPU; 20GB for 2nd.

Have completely removed them and replaced them in several combinations and different locations.
They show fine in the DAW and I can even bring up ONE of them successfully.
And it doesn't matter which one, because I've gone through it dozens of times and the first one, mostly comes up, but choosing another for a separate track always results in either 1. Failure to load *.dll library or 2. Immediate freeze by 'Not Responding'. Closing either always results in DAW 'Not Responding' and having to restart. All other plugins (32b&64b) work flawlessly.

Thing is, they worked great for the last couple of weeks until I tried to add Tiger and Astral Dreamer. I also have noticed the folders generate a list of files I hadn't noticed before and don't know if that is normal? I thought they mostly consisted of the .dll and the bank files?

I've shaved down the list of the thirteen products down to eight I would like to really keep, which are: Serenity Pro; Avatar Pro ST; UltraSwamp (because I paid for those) and the NFG: Alionoctis; Alphatron; STS-26; STS-33; SwampXT.
At his point though, I'd be happy with just getting the three I paid for working.

you might try this:
objectman wrote:I fixed the issue. It has to do with User Account Control
http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm

Basically, I right-clicked Live and gave the program (not me) Administrative access. Works like a dream.

Just an update. I have been able to get the following to work:
Alionoctis; Alphatron; Avatar; Serenity Pro; STS-26. Hoping to get UltraSwampPro to work in that too (but so far, no luck.)
I think I will give up on STS-33 for now.

I also set up an individual folder for Dream Machine 3 Free; Astral Dreamer Free; The Tiger Free and the Tiger seems to be the problem instrument that brings down the whole folder. Perhaps it is corrupted, and I will try to download it again asap to see if that helps. TDM3 was working fine, but it fails to load often now. And Astral Dreamer has only loaded up once for me to try.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Return to “HG Fortune”