Attn To HG: Getting an error message from 3rd party software-read inside

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi HG or anyone who might know,

I am trying a new 3rd party trial software which is called MIDI Guitar by Jam Origin. Using his Standalone 32 bit package for Windows 7 in trial mode.

When I select "The Tiger" as a new VST plugin in his software, it puts it into the list, but when I go to select it within MIDI Guitar, I get this error message below.
The Midi Guitar program does not load "The Tiger" and I have to close the program and start it up again. "The Tiger" is no longer in the VST list in MIDI Guitar.

Error message:
Cant load SE Plugin: The Specified module could not be found
File:C:\Program Files(x86)\VST\HG Fortune\The Tiger-Pro\TheTiger\PatchMemory.sem

Looking at the files in my Tiger folder, there is no such file, even in the install folder items I have when I purchased from you.

This message seems to come up on all your newer Sound packages and has different "sem" file names it is looking for. The older HG VST programs seem to load OK such as some of the STS programs.

Any idea what this MIDI Guitar program is looking for?

Other than this new program, all your VST programs work fine for me in my other products.

thank you for your help,

Dave Thayer

Same happens to me in my DAW on the newer ones. Occasionally, I could get one to load, but then a second instance of any of the other HGF synths would crash the DAW completely. I did have some success when I created a separate folder just for HGF, but still could never make Tiger work. I eventually uninstalled all the newer ones and only have the NFG and Backlist in that folder now.

Hi BBFG,

Thats interesting. My DAW, which is Mixcraft 6, Seems to have no problem with all his newer-latest VST programs, just this new Midi Guitar program. May I ask what DAW you are using in case I should decide to get it in the future?

Thanks for letting me know you are having the same type of problem.

OK, here is something in KVR that is interesting about SE plugins and Windows 7.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5021434

Someone says if you change the programs Admin rights, he got the SE plugins to work.
Play around with that later today for Midi Guitar. Going to try it.

AHHH HAAAH. IT DOES WORK. Got Tiger to load. I ran the Midi Guitar program as Administrator in Windows7. It accepted and loaded Tiger VST with no problems.

Learn something new everyday and thanks to the one KVR poster. Hopefully my problems are solved.

Happy Holidays and back to my music,

DaveT :)

My DAW is Sonar X3.

I tried the admin. rights thing too, but got the same results.
The odd thing was that I had quite a few of the NFG and the backlist installed and everything worked great. It was when I installed the free limited versions of the newer software that I not only had problems with them, but suddenly had problems with the whole line of HGF VIs. So after quite a bit of trial and error, I've ended up reducing the NFGs drastically and found I have to have two folders for them since it seems some of them want to override or nullify the others. Tiger is the one that brings down the whole HGF library for me though. I've redownloaded it a couple of times, thinking maybe the file was corrupted in transmission. But each time, it makes problems for me. HGF has told me it just doesn't work on all systems, and apparently, mine is one.
(Win7x64)

Hi BBFG,

Thats too bad you cant run HG's newer products in your DAW.

I also have Windows 7 64bit but my DAW I use is only in 32 bit(Mixcraft 6)at this time. I am also running the MIDI Guitar in its 32 bit mode also. Whether that makes any difference with these Synthedit VST products, I have no expertise on that. All i know everything works fine on my end now. (Knock on wood)

With MIDI Guitar, only one VST can be loaded into it and played at one time anyway. There were other plugins besides HG's that would not load also and running as admin. now has them loading into the product now.

Thanks for the info on what DAW you are using and hope you get them to work somehow.
Guess I got lucky.

take care,

Dave

These ones I have loaded up in their own folder and they work fine now;

STS-26; STS-33; Alphatron; AlionoctisPro; AvatarPro; SerenityPro.
UltraSwampPro (which used to work all the time but it seems to be 50/50 whether it will work or not now - I keep trying that one because I paid for it).

Yeah, thats kind of a bummer when the ones you want to work dont.

By chance do you have a 2nd DAW to try them in?
Also did HG give you any ideas to get it to work?

Maybe someone else will read our conversations here that has Sonar X3 and are they having the same problems with any Synthedit VST's.

Sounds like you just have Sonar X3. Do you get plugin errors when you bring up Sonar or is it when you have Sonar up and running and you select an HG product?

I'll do some testing here with my DAW to see everything is still working in my DAW with HG's products. Pretty sure all works fine here. Get back to you when I get done testing.

DaveT

Hi BBFG,

Well I tried all my HG plugins in Mixcraft 6 and all seem to load and work fine.

I did have one problem with a new HG plugin today which I just bought Dreammachine 3 pro(on sale-only one I didnt have yet). Seems Mixcraft could not find the plugin within my main VST folder(did not show up listed no matter what I tried), but when I placed the same thing within Mixcrafts own usable VST folder, it showed up and loaded and worked fine.

I also have FL studio DAW, and for some strange reason which I just realize, none of the HG plugins show up to be selected and loaded. I hardly use this DAW, but have it to experiment around with, so not too worried about this problem.

Strange things these VST plugins. Oh well, back to my music.

DaveT

dathyr1 wrote:Yeah, thats kind of a bummer when the ones you want to work dont.

By chance do you have a 2nd DAW to try them in?
Also did HG give you any ideas to get it to work?

Sounds like you just have Sonar X3. Do you get plugin errors when you bring up Sonar or is it when you have Sonar up and running and you select an HG product?

I'll do some testing here with my DAW to see everything is still working in my DAW with HG's products. Pretty sure all works fine here. Get back to you when I get done testing.

DaveT

I actually pared down the list to the ones I wanted the most (besides the newer ones). I'm thinking I really don't use the Alphatron though and could easily take it off and not miss it.

I do have a couple of older laptops with two versions of Cubase and PowerTracks on it though. I also have a Sonar that came with the V-Recorder that is 32bit and have been meaning to set up a machine just for it. One of the reasons I continue to have faith in HGF is because even though I don't think these particualr synths are going to ever become 64b, I do think they will work on one of my older systems fine. And I think whatever the next incarnation of HGFx64 is going to be will be great.

Return to “HG Fortune”