"Not Forgotten" Tribute Album Proposal

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just tinkering with some of Günter's amazing freeware plugins, namely Avatar ST Pro (which is now included in the "Nearly Forgotten Gems" collection) when I got to thinking of his untimely passing. So, I started browsing through the forums to find out if there are any tribute works in his honor. I did find this, originally posted by Paule Amca...

https://archive.org/details/HGFSoundsInMemorial

There are some interesting tracks in the media player, top right. However, I'm not sure if these are intended to be tribute works per se. Nonetheless, I would like to propose a tribute album made exclusively with HG Fortune plugins and arranged by several artists, both novice and professional, in honor of a truly great plugin developer who gave us more than we could have ever asked for.

I think it's time we give something back. How about it, people?

I would like to contribute to this. I am a novice at this, but HG's synths are what got me started. Just let me know if this project is still in the works.

Flux

Flux Cobalt wrote:I would like to contribute to this. I am a novice at this, but HG's synths are what got me started. Just let me know if this project is still in the works.

Flux
Actually, you're the first to reply, Flux. I should perhaps post this thread in a more noticeable part of the KVR forum. Thanks for your interest :wink:

I would welcome this.... How do you propose we go about it?

I would like to contribute as well. Who will be the curator of this project?

I feel embarrassed now because I'm the one who started this thread. I'm afraid I'm just too busy to participate in this at the moment. Plus, I recently experienced a system crash, so I've got all that to deal with. If anyone wants to step up and organize something, that would be awesome. I don't think anyone necessarily has to be "in charge" of anything. But there should definitely be some kind of platform that all of this should revolve around. Perhaps a SoundCloud account? Just a thought :)

I think I might take up this project idea. I’m going to work on some ideas and probably start a sound cloud account. I’ll keep everyone informed. If you are interested let me know how many musical pieces you would like to contribute or any other ideas that you may have.

You can count me in. What are the details so far?

Thanks for your interest Ridan. I have not created the Sound Cloud account yet but that's the plan. I need to figure out the best way to up load the music to the site, should I give out the pass word or should I be in charge of up loading. I’m not sure yet. As for me I am working on a few musical pieces. I am a novice at music creation but I would not have gotten into this hobby (I hate to call it a hobby because music is much more than a hobby) if I didn’t discover HG Fortune Synth’s for the price, sound and quality.

I figured the album should have about 8 to 10 tracks if more people join in. Maybe have some kind of theme to the album. Or just have people create anything, after all it is a tribute album. So any suggestions would be helpful.

Again thanks for your interest.

Flux

Return to “HG Fortune”