Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
GaryG
KVRAF

5688 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 pm Re: What are you watching?

tincture wrote:Westworld season 2. I thought ep01 was weak and wondered whether I'd stick out the season but ep02 has me hooked again.

Yeah, I think after the slowburn of the first season (I nearly bailed ~ep5...) I'm prepared this time. :)

And talking of slowburn: Dark - took a couple of episodes but I'm on board for the duration now, kind of has that Les Revenants pacing, compelling.
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
Bombadil
KVRAF

1630 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Postby Bombadil; Tue May 08, 2018 5:52 am Re: What are you watching?

I mentioned to my wife a while back that I wouldn't mind watching the old 'Mission: Impossible' series. So, today, I opened up a birthday present, and it's the entire series, 75 DVDs! In German, the series was called 'Kobra: Übernehmen Sie.' :lol:

Anyways, just watching the pilot. Peter Graves isn't in the 1st year, I think. The leader I recognized but couldn't place until I checked him on IMBD. It's 'Steven Hill' from Law & Order fame. Mr. Peepers/Underdog is in the pilot as a safe-cracker/nuclear bomb defuser. :lol:
“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”

Kurt Vonnegut
chk071
KVRAF

16373 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue May 08, 2018 5:57 am Re: What are you watching?

Bombadil wrote:I mentioned to my wife a while back that I wouldn't mind watching the old 'Mission: Impossible' series. So, today, I opened up a birthday present, and it's the entire series, 75 DVDs! In German, the series was called 'Kobra: Übernehmen Sie.' :lol:

I didn't even know about that… :oops: I remember watching a few episodes about 20 years ago. I think it even was still called Mission Impossible back then.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10334 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am Re: What are you watching?

'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated. Only took Thandie slinking around the place to make it all good once more :wink:

'Barry' Just keeps getting better and better. The comedy is tight, and then they f**king smack you right in the face :o
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD

11363 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Wed May 09, 2018 6:04 pm Re: What are you watching?

Nightmare Alley (not bad).
perpetual3
KVRist

319 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Wed May 09, 2018 6:35 pm Re: What are you watching?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated. Only took Thandie slinking around the place to make it all good once more :wink:

'Barry' Just keeps getting better and better. The comedy is tight, and then they f**king smack you right in the face :o

I have loved Thandie since Flirting. Beautiful and amazing actress.
perpetual3
KVRist

319 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm Re: What are you watching?

And WOW The Expanse!
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 am Re: What are you watching?

perpetual3 wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated. Only took Thandie slinking around the place to make it all good once more :wink:

I have loved Thandie since Flirting. Beautiful and amazing actress.

Never saw that. But she was really great in 'Line Of Duty' - a fantastic series in it's own right :tu:
GaryG
KVRAF

5688 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Fri May 11, 2018 5:31 am Re: What are you watching?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated.

Luckily Sky broadcast a 'previously...' episode before season 2 started, helped me remember little things I'd forgotten.

Though, not sure how much it helped, new season seems kind of oblique so far....
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 am Re: What are you watching?

GaryG wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:'Westworld' Season 2. Kinda forgot most of the last season, so am a little disorientated.

Luckily Sky broadcast a 'previously...' episode before season 2 started, helped me remember little things I'd forgotten.

They might have had that episode on HBO, but I didn't watch it. Searching now doesn't bring anything up, though :shrug:

I'll get back into the swing of it, I'm sure.
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD

11363 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Fri May 11, 2018 2:17 pm Re: What are you watching?

Frank Serpico (not bad).
e@rs
KVRAF

3555 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Fri May 11, 2018 10:49 pm Re: What are you watching?

Rewatched The Departed (I enjoyed it), A Night At The Roxbury [silly, but I still liked it (90s Eurodance soundtrack: :love:)] and Special ID (so-so).
samsam
KVRAF

1932 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 am Re: What are you watching?

A lot of Techmoan on YouTube. Fun.
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

4635 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sun May 13, 2018 9:56 am Re: What are you watching?

I finally saw Black Panther in the last theatre run in my area. I enjoyed it. When we got back to the house, my companion and I decided to watch more of the Marvel films she hasn't yet seen, so that consisted of Thor: The Dark World (which we both felt was an improvement on the first Thor) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which we both felt was a major improvement over the first Captain America). Hopefully we will move on to Avengers: Age of Ultron today (we've seen the interceding movies in theatre).

I never liked superheroes in comic book form, and I'm not into all the techno-fantasy and straight-up fantasy inherent to them, but the majority of the superhero movies and shows from the last two decades have been quite entertaining, sometimes excellent, and sometimes emotionally relatable.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
vurt
addled muppet weed

35979 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Mon May 14, 2018 11:48 am Re: What are you watching?

black lightning.

of the cw dc shows, this one seemed less teen angst drama and more comic book. although, arrow started out that way then became dawsons creek with superpowers :/

name drops for pfunk, parliament and george clinton are of course plus points.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic