Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
GaryG
KVRAF

5688 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 am Re: What are you watching?

samsam wrote:A lot of Techmoan on YouTube. Fun.

Yep, spent more than a few hours watching his stuff.

Maybe because I've been dabbling with building guitar pedals again, I've been watching a lot of pedal related videos on YT lately (Wamplers channel etc). Just wish I could find someone who demo'ed stuff with something other than relentless blues rock etc. Chords of Orion is about the only alternative I've found, the Bob Ross of ambient guitar. :)
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10334 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue May 15, 2018 12:17 am Re: What are you watching?

GaryG wrote:Chords of Orion is about the only alternative I've found, the Bob Ross of ambient guitar. :)

:tu:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10334 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Tue May 15, 2018 12:20 am Re: What are you watching?

Today, will probably follow the weekly ritual of being disappointed with 'Silicon Valley', then being really impressed with 'Barry'.
jancivil
KVRAF

14855 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Wed May 16, 2018 1:26 am Re: What are you watching?

Netflix series 'Taken' which is pretty happening, one could really binge on this one.
I think there is some movie by that name, this has nothing to do with it. Seems like that was a Liam Neeson thing.
This is not a very good title for this series, it only refers to the first couple episodes. It's CIA-oriented which is a favorite area for me particularly with a TV series.
jancivil
KVRAF

14855 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 am Re: What are you watching?

Jace-BeOS wrote:I finally saw Black Panther in the last theatre run in my area. I enjoyed it. When we got back to the house, my companion and I decided to watch more of the Marvel films she hasn't yet seen, so that consisted of Thor: The Dark World (which we both felt was an improvement on the first Thor) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which we both felt was a major improvement over the first Captain America). Hopefully we will move on to Avengers: Age of Ultron today (we've seen the interceding movies in theatre).

I never liked superheroes in comic book form, and I'm not into all the techno-fantasy and straight-up fantasy inherent to them, but the majority of the superhero movies and shows from the last two decades have been quite entertaining, sometimes excellent, and sometimes emotionally relatable.

I loved the original and the subsequent Captain America. I didn't look at Marvel Comics at all, ever. I liked Superman when I was like 8. I liked that DC thought it something to do to come up with Supergirl.
I looked at 'Underground' comix in the 70s and Metal Hurlant/Heavy Metal in the 80s.

But for the most part I really dig the Marvel Universe. My favorite, which I wish Netflix would get more up to date on, is Agents of Shield. Joss Whedon rules, ok.

I don't go to movies in the theater. I could deal with the California in downtown Berkeley which isn't going to have a bunch of idiots distracting from the picture, but the last time I went to a flick was Inland Empire. Attended by me and like 5 other people that afternoon. That's over a decade ago.
e@rs
KVRAF

3555 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Wed May 16, 2018 7:25 am Re: What are you watching?

Rewatched Deadpool. Guess I was too harsh the first time, so this time gets an 'okay'.
Bombadil
KVRAF

1630 posts since 31 Aug, 2013, from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Postby Bombadil; Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 am Re: What are you watching?

Watched 'Addams Family Values' for the first time since the 90's. The camp scene is still hilarious.

'Love And Mercy,' bio-pic on Brian Wilson on his getting away from his notoriously parasitic doctor. Excellent flashback scenes. Not really a huge Beach Boys fan, but lately I've been listening to Pet Sounds quite a bit, and am fascinated by Wilson, who wrote all that music while he was losing his mind.
“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”

Kurt Vonnegut
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

9596 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 am Re: What are you watching?

The Comedians Guide to Survival: Just ok, a few funny parts but wouldn't watch again. 5/10

8 1/2: Fell asleep twice and took 4 days to watch. 5/10
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
vurt
addled muppet weed

35979 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu May 17, 2018 4:23 am Re: What are you watching?

make noise rene bids. trying to get in to some of the deeper functions.

might be better to do this with the modular in front of me, doing it might solidify it in my mind rather than just passively watching and getting more confused...
e@rs
KVRAF

Postby e@rs; Thu May 17, 2018 11:55 pm Re: What are you watching?

Dead Snow - funny and gorgeous looking; I enjoyed it.

Dead Snow 2: Red Vs Dead - has a few nice moments, but overall much weaker than the original.
e@rs
KVRAF

Postby e@rs; Fri May 18, 2018 11:34 pm Re: What are you watching?

Rewatched Shutter Island. Great movie and truly impressive performance from DiCaprio.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29655 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri May 18, 2018 11:38 pm Re: What are you watching?

Deadpool 2 was a laugh a microsecond
Aliens
KVRian

608 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Sat May 19, 2018 4:19 pm Re: What are you watching?

Can't believe the expanse has been cancelled. Rave reviews, 100% on rotten toms, and it gets cut.
SyFy channel makes some really weird decisions some times. Not impressed.

Still the best scifi on TV at the moment. Ep6 was so good. Especially the bit where the dodgy Mengle wannabe doctor got his.
vurt
addled muppet weed

35979 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat May 19, 2018 4:29 pm Re: What are you watching?

aMUSEd wrote:Deadpool 2 was a laugh a microsecond

:tu: those end credits :lol:

would have been better if "the woman who has the worst shrieking laughter in the world" had been at a different showing. otherwise a fun ride (except the hidden "get you in the feels" parts :o )
samsam
KVRAF

1932 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Sat May 19, 2018 9:59 pm Re: What are you watching?

Re-watched Watchmen.

Works for me, faults and all.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic